Is this pressure washer any good?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Tonya, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

I have a Target right down the street from me. I went looking for the same deal Cooter found. I had no luck. However I did find this on clearance for 69.98. Is it any good?

2. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

well the good thing is that most any pressure washer should be powerful enough for detailing purposes, but the bad thing is that most cheap pressure washers Ive asked people about usually wind up falling apart, one way or the other.

If your looking to get a foam lance for it, your gonna need special adapters for that kind of wand.

It may not have all the bells and whistles, but it will probably do the job if it doesnt break on you. Id say good find but hold onto the receipt.

3. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

karcher is the one i have .

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Tonya..check out Big Lots..I bought my karcher there 3 years ago..and have beat that thing silly..and still works..I use it more than my Honda one...I got a 1750 PSI one and it works ffine for cars...My honda is 2600 and a bit to strong...but good for the trucks I do....I run a foam lance on my Karcher also....I bought the fitting for 3.98 at Power washer supply....

Oh the one I got at Big Lots was remanufactured...so it was bug free...and works like a champ..it was 79.99 I belive...check BL out

Al

5. Tonya

OK Thanks AL :thumb: I have see that one. I think it is 99.99, but I don't remember the PSI.

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I would have to agree with AL here! Try to find a karcher, they are good! The most important thing to look for is waterflow.

7. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

Karcher is what I have as well.

8. Al-53

Yes...the flow rate is good to know..my Karcher is 1.9 Gallons per minute..which is fine for doing cars...My Honda is 2.9 and really sprays some water...but again a bit to powerful for cars....i use the 5 foot rule..stand back 5 feet and spray.....tires and wheel wells you can get a bit closer....

Al

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I agree with AL.. visit your buddies at BL and pick uo the Karcher.. I have purchased two from them.. 1st one I gave away to a friend that wanted one but couldn't afford it and it is still running.

10. Tonya

Thanks Motorcity I was just telling AL the one I saw at Big Lots. I can't remember what PSI it was. Did I tell you?

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Yeah I think you did and it wasn't the 1750psi that is the one you want... Check a couple other BL because all of the ones up here have it... If all else fails and it is cost effective I will send you one

12. Tonya

I think I took pic with my cell. Darn now what did I do with my phone and the battery just went dead :giggle: Thanks for the offer. I will let you know what I find. I will check it out on Tuesday :thumb: Thanks!

13. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I saw a 1500psi karcher at BL a couple weeks ago for $65. I should have picked one up...

14. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

I misunderstood tonya I thought you bought that one already. If not, then yea Id agree with everyone else go for a karcher, you can find good deals on them too. Although I dont own one, Ive heard stories of them not being the best quality either, but probably the best for the price range.

15. Tonya

I bought it Joe, your were right. But I can take it back :thumb:

16. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

this is one of those rare instances :kilt:

17. Tonya

[​IMG]
    I found my cell and the pic of the one from Big Lots. 1650 PSI and remanufactured. Thats it right AL and MotorCity?

18. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Thats a good unit and will serve you well for detaling.

That is the exact model I gave to my friend as I stated above and like I said it is still running strong.

I have the one that is 1750ps

19. Al-53

That will work perfect for your needs..

Mine is a bit different...my soap tank is on the front...and its 1750psi..but this one is fine...get it....:giterdone:

AL

20. Tonya

OK thanks guys! I just got back from returning the other one. You gotta love living less than a mile for Target :giggle: