Interior Detailing

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by run115, Nov 16, 2009.

1. run115

run115 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi, first of what i think will be a lot of questions, so please bear with me. When applying protectants to the interior plastics, vinyls etc etc...what kind of applicators do you use, and do you apply on the dash itself or on a cloth/applicator? I am sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but i'd rather know than mess up my first client's car.

Vince

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Many people use regular microfiber/wax applicators. You apply it to the applicator and not the dash or whatever so you don't overspray.

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

MF applicators only.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

MF applicators as well for me although I think I've dressed one interior in the last eight years or so. I like giving cars back clean. I let them dress the interior, other than leather.

5. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I find that mf applicators absorb too much of the product. I personally use the ccs foam hand applicators from lake country. The red one is perfect for interiors. Always apply the product on the applicator and not the interior panel. The only time I spray something on a panel is when using a cleaner which I then scrub with a soft bristle brush.

6. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I sometimes use terry cloth applicators since it has a tad more bite on plastic surfaces than a microfiber.

7. run115

run115 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for all your replies guys.

8. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I just use MF... I prefer the cheapest shortest nap MF... been using Viking brand ones that are available at Oreily's for $20 per pack of 24..