If you could have only 3 Menzerna products?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by tuscani2718, Jun 6, 2010.

1. tuscani2718

tuscani2718 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

What would they be? I ask because I am looking to step up to their product line to try with my new rotary and was looking for a little input. Thanks

2. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

SIP, 203S and 85RD is all you need

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Specific Paint types / Polish and Foam Pad Combinations:
    a) Dark, Single Stage or Soft Paint Finishes - PO 85 RD 3.01 Super Intensive Polish (F) black or dark coloured paint surfaces, and 'soft' paint - 1200 RPM -White primary (softer less dense foam (70 PPI) with a light abrasive cutting action) LC CCS foam pad followed by a secondary Blue finishing (very soft 100 PPI) LC CCS foam pad - 1100 RPM

b) Light / Medium Paint Correction - Power Finish (PO203S) and PO 85 D3.01 polishes (LC CCS Green / LC Blue foam or Micro Mesh TufBuf ® black lamb’s wool pads 1500 - 2000 RPM) should be all you need.

c) Paint Renovation - PO S100A Power Gloss (LC Purple wool pad 1500 – 1800 RPM) it has a short work time and slow cut

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Power Finish and Power Gloss. Power Finish is very versatile in that it will cut almost as well as SIP (given they are being used with the same pad ) and will finish down as well as 106FA. Power Finish can be used with a variety of pads as well depending on specific problems. I have used it with black, green, orange and lately, Uber Yellow with fantastic results. If you are using a PC, Power Finish with a pad like the Uber Yellow will have excellent results and not require any follow up. The difference in finish left by Power Finish and something like 85RD or 106FA on a black or blue finishing pad will not be seen by 99.99% of your clients so the finishing polishes for the most part, are a mute point. KEEP IT SIMPLE. Power Gloss is something that you won't use a lot but should have i your arsenal. As per John's comment above, the N. American version cuts OK but is very dusty. I use the UK version which has more abrasive so it cuts way more and more oils so if the speeds are kept under 1500, it dusts very little and has good play time. Having said all that, I do keep 85RD on hand if a client doesn't mind paying for the extra little bit of gloss it affords.

5. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

S100 Power Gloss
    P203S Power Finish
    85RE5 Final Finish

Covers everything you will need in terms of polishes for use with various pads :thumb:

6. tuscani2718

tuscani2718 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for all the great input guys! I can always turn to DB for help.

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

:agree: There's not much left to be said. Power Finish made a lot of my other polishes obsolete.

8. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

I would have SIP, 106FA and 85RD.

9. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I agree with this guy ^

10. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

SIP, Power Finish and RD.

11. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

power finish
    85rd
    powerlock :D

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Whats the point in having both SIP and 203s?

13. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

This thread makes me wanna get powerfinish

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Do It!!!

15. odgaard

odgaard Birth of a Detailer

thats it right there. the only 3 menzerna ones i use

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I would say:

SIP
    106fa
    85rd

Get Meguiar's 105 for a heavy compound. I have a 16 oz'er of Power Finish I may be selling soon. Not sure if I like it yet.

17. detailjohn

detailjohn Detailers Advertising Scheme

Power Gloss, SIP, and Super Finish

18. KlineS157

KlineS157 Birth of a Detailer

Power Finish, 85RD, Power Gloss or FMJ if it counts

19. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

this. personally i cant live without 85RD though. its not necessary, but i simply LOVE 85RD. and like ken said, if your customer is willing to pay for that second or third step or "jeweling" stage, then 85RD is hard to beat. its a pleasure to work with.

20. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I didn't even know there were different versions of Power Gloss. Interested in how to acquire the better version of it.