how to i make this look good?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by xjunmoonx, Jul 7, 2008.

1. xjunmoonx

xjunmoonx Virgin Detailer

[​IMG]
    above is image of my windshiled molding (rubber molding that is surrounding my windshiled) is turning whitish....and i mean i used all kinds of products, such as Klasseo AIO, fade to black, CG silk shine, 303 aeroprotectant...but it would make it look nice for about 2 mins...and it iwll turn to white again....what should i do...?

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

CG Trim Gel

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I wonder how Black WOW would do in this situation :shead: well that's all I got :shrug:

4. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

get a magic eraser..use a diluted APC mix....wash the rubber a few tines to get the oxidized rubber off....then use a trim product to maintain it.....if the rubber does not come black after cleaning it..you may need a dye type product..I know Top of the Line has a real good one..this may work.....Faded Vinyl & Rubber

AL

5. Nica

Nica Banned

I just remembered, now I've never used it but I wonder how Chris (eShine's) new APC would perform on such a trim :thinking:

6. Kron

Kron Two Bucket System Washer

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Ooooo ya, Gummi Pflege!!!

But after you clean the trim with something mild.

8. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

yes..Kron is right...I forgot you were talking of Rubber not plastic trim...sorry...I will edit my post....

AL

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've tried PB's Trim Restorer and Black WOW and haven't had much luck on those parts of the car. Of course I haven't tried scrubbing them with an APC either yet. I'll give that a shot next time.

10. xjunmoonx

ok i will try to scrub them, but i used Klasse AIO on it it made little differnt i took a dried MF towel and rubbed it...and but yeah it became white again...hmmm so i should try to rub them with APC....would grime reaper work?

11. xjunmoonx

SO 1Z or CG trim gel........it seems like people love CG trim gel from reviews and pictures...i cant find any picture for 1Z rubber thing...

12. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Get some acetone from lowes and then dress it. don't get the acetone on your paint

13. yukonon22

i use this on boat rub rails all the time

14. xjunmoonx

^^ but ur saying that after looking at my pictures though right?

15. yukonon22

yeah it will remove a little layer of rubber and get rid of the white rubber

16. xjunmoonx

ok so as yukon recommended i tried acetone..it did get rid of white oxidated rubbers and i dressed it wtih mags hyper dressing so far its been about 10 mins it looks goood (knock on wood) thank you!!!

17. Nica

Nica Banned

That's interesting I'll have to remember this..you wouldn't happen to have any pictures now would you?

18. xjunmoonx

i will take some pics :)

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice :chest:

20. xjunmoonx

ask and u shall receive :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are couple of things that i learned thru this, i used MF towel, acetone and Mags hyper dressing topped with 303aeroprotectant

1) make sure u put gloves when u use acetone to rub the rubber because i didnt, and my fingers feel numb...lol and smells
    2)when u put on mags hyper dressing, make sure u go thru the whole moldings in one pass, because it will look weird...(if u know what i mean)
    3) 303 aeroprotectant also go thru it in one pass

bad side: acetone smells stays for quite while but u will notice quite a difference i think i could do better job next time :)