Highline meter II?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Drsuce, May 5, 2009.

1. Drsuce

Drsuce Any Rag Vehicle Washer

has anyone used this new model? i just placed my order today so i hope its decent!

i did not see it on the highline website so i called them, they said it should be on their website tomorow and they had just put them on ebay before i had called...

looks identical to the "Paintgage FNF" that costs twice the price, except the highline is dark blue and the paintgage is orange.

will keep everyone posted when it arrives. maybe somone in calgary with some other models would like to get together and compair?

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh I'll take you up on that comparison, I've got the PosiTectors. Let me know when you get yours and we can have a comparison :thumb:

Congrats on your purchase by the way :thumb:

3. Drsuce

it will be good to see if my cheapy is off :p i figured that a PDG is kinda cheap insurance. i saw a writeup that somone in calgary did on a yellow vette with super thin paint, made me feel very nervous... so nervous that i didnt go deep enough to remove all the swirls from my cobra :(

hope the highline should be here next week, i will PM you after it arrives :)

4. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

lol of course .. a month after i pick up my highline .. they come out with a new one

5. Drsuce

i very nearly purchased the old model off their website.... decided i would check ebay just incase, low and behold there were 2 to choose from!

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I did the exact same thing :(. No matter though - I'm very happy with mine.

7. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Sweet! I might have to pull the trigger on one of these. I've been meaning to get one for a while now.

8. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

true .. but that is the world of electronics .. you can spend 5k on the latest and greatest TV .. next month something is better

9. richy

richy Guest

Thank God I read this post!! Highline is located outside of Detroit and I was going to go there in the next couple of days and pick one up and save the shipping. Maybe I can get a better deal on the old one!! I see they're the same price. THANKS FOR POSTING THIS!!!:worship2:

10. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I'm so ridiculously tempted to pick one up...arrrgh!

11. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I have been on the fence to pull the trigger but thanks to you I just ordered the new version as well.

12. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Son of a bitch

13. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

is there any big difference or improvement between the old n new one?

14. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:lol:

I take it you just got one of the first ones?

on the edit: yeah, I caved and pulled the trigger on this one.

15. richy

richy Guest

Well I went over to Detroit today (down to one crutch now) and picked up the Highline II PTG right from the store in Rochester Hills, MI. It is a small unit with some nice features to it. I did not have the time to photograph it. I can't wait to get back to detailing so I get a chance to play with it!

16. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Wow.. :(.

17. richy

richy Guest

O.K., so I felt bad I didn't photograph it due to some heavy interest expressed by a few members here, so here ya go..no griping about the quality of the shots though....

How it comes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Closeup:

[​IMG]

18. d00t

So prettyyy....

19. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

Aaron, Go get the second generation, I might be able to pick up the first generation from you if the stock market does fine.....:applause2:

20. d00t

Deal!!