Griots!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mr.classic, May 18, 2010.

1. mr.classic

mr.classic Virgin Detailer

hello guys..

what do you think about griots? Good brand? expensive? any comments please.

2. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i used griots for years and have moved on to some other products. their speed shine is great and i love their leather care goods. generally very good quality but yes a little pricey. their cust service and delivery here on west coast is excellent. if you are in tacoma stop in their facility its nice. the forum supporters here are excellent too.

3. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Griots sucks.

4. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Wish there was a 'no thanks' button next to the 'thanks' button because this post is about as useless as it gets. Care to explain why "Griots sucks"?

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

no kidding. posting retarded comments like that is just unnecessary. I have never used Griots but i have however heard some good stuff about them. I think that there are a ton of other products that are better for less though.

6. I have a client who is a hugh Griots fan. He orders loads of there products and has me use them on his vehicles

IMPO There Speed Shine is the best QD/Lube in the business. Best go ahead and order a gallon of this

There clay is very similuar to Riccardo yellow. Very pliable, very nice

Other products worth mentioning Fine Hand Polish, Paint Glaze, Best of Show and Paint Sealant

7. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I have to say that there are a whole host of really cool stuff on their site for sale, things I didn't even know existed. I have used their clay and though it was pretty good, as well as their rubber cleaner but I never got further into their product lines. To me, the impression Griots gives me is that they make their products to be middle of the road so that you cannot take issue with them but they aren't anything truely special, but my experience is limited.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

I agree! try Phil at Detailers Domain or Ken at Autowerkes I have delt with both personally and can say they are both great guys and have great products and service!
    :applause: Bob

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have griots $100 Worlds Best Nozzle. Love it. As far as the products, they are decent, but I think better products are available at better pricing.

10. mr.classic

mr.classic Virgin Detailer

Like..? I'm really new and would like to learn more about detailing. What are the fairly priced detailing stuff that is worth it for the price?

11. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Einszett products......I have used them, they make a ton of products, and they are fairly priced.

12. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Meguiars is honestly a good company to start out with. Some of thier OTC stuff is decent, like Swirl-X and Ultimate Compound. Their detailers line is very good overall, and like I said it is a good place to start.

13. Spyral

Here's another useless one. [NO NEED FOR THIS]

14. Spyral

Here is how I feel about your comment: [NO NEED FOR THIS]

15. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Real mature kiddo. Reported and quoted for record keeping. Go play with Carlos on the board he opened after selling DB to Phil for "family reasons" (2 weeks to the date of his annoucement no less)

16. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Come on Spyral, edit that post and remove that kind of language. No need for it.

17. Spyral

Now for why they suck. Their products are way overpriced for the quality, their "Detail Seminars" have some of the worst advice I have ever heard. They have terrible customer service, the people at their retail location (local to me in Tacoma, WA) are clueless dolts. Should I go on, or does, "they suck" sum it up?

18. Spyral

I care about what you think. Seriously..lol

19. Spyral

Link?

20. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Mindflux and Spyral, DB Boss has got his eyes on this thread and so do the other mods. I am asking you two to please keep it civil. Can we do that?