detailing seminars?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mr.classic, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mr.classic

mr.classic Virgin Detailer

anyone know if there's any seminars on going in california for detaling?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

Rightlook they have one about every month in San Diego and I know Chemical Guys has them too.

3. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Meguiar´s Inc. in Irvine has detailing clinics on Saturdays, and they also hold advanced clinics were you learn wet sanding, and high speed buffing techniques, and the best part is they are free to attend.

4. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

do not take the rightlook seminar its a waste of time i went there and thats where i met slowjeep i learned a couple things more on the business side but other than that all they try to so is sell you products like a mother f**ker at the end. i do recommend the meguiars seminars there really good and the guy they had teaching (darren pareirra) really knew his stuff. they have them at a local detail supply store by my house but i know they also have them at meguiars in irvine

5. Dr. Bob

Hi,
    Besides the sales hype, what didn't you like about it? Bob

6. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

1. The Valugard Prepexcellence Program For professional training, they are an internationally renowned training program, which certifies detailers from around the world in diagnostic and renovation repair skills on paint. Engineers from major car manufacturers have attended the course. Automotive International Inc.
    Cincinnati, Ohio (513)489-7883 or 800-543-7156
    2. Renny Doyle Attention to Details
    3. Auto Detailing Seminar - Held monthly in San Diego, CA a two day seminar for professionals in the auto detailing industry Toll Free - 800.883.3446
    4. IICRC Course Descriptions: Leather Cleaning Technician course - Welcome to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification! The Certifying Body for the Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Industry, Representing Certified Firms and Technicians World-Wide - International
    5. KLEEN CAR (New Milford, New Jersey) provides detailed education for the detailing profession. This is the most comprehensive training program of its kind. This same program has been implemented by BMW of North America and is used to train their network of dealers. 888 – 302- 6400

Detailing Books
    1. Automotive Paint Handbook: Paint Technology for Auto Enthusiasts - John Pfanstiehl - 1998
    2. Aircraft Cleaning, Polishing & Detailing Manual – Jet Stream Aviation Products
    3. Start Your Own Automobile Detailing Business by Eileen Figure Sandlin

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. JonM

7. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

lets see where do i start for one the instructer was kind of shady, half of the second day they spent showing us demos of upgrades like windshield crack repair, clear bra install, headlight restoration etc instead of talking about detailing. i felt like the instructer knew tecnical things about detailing but i dont think he would be able to do a high quality detail himself (i seen the car he was driving) and i felt bad for the people who were there who really didnt know anything about detailing rightlook gives you VERY unrealistic expectations about how much money you can make they tell people you should be charging $600 a detail and you can do 2-3 details a day :shakehead:

8. Dr. Bob

Wow, thanks sounds like a "Tony Robbins" type seminar! lol Bob

9. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

I think it's best to learn from a regular detailer from the boards, just one-on-one, working on techniques and stuff. It also wouldn't be as expensive as detailing seminar.

10. NotZeroSix

NotZeroSix Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the honest review. Last month I was about to sign up just get some "certification" in this trade. Thank god I didnt. Theres no better teacher other than yourself. So basically just research on your own and ask help on the forum. Thats why all of us are here.

I took a class in October at Meguiars. Mike Stoops, was very knowledgeable and showed us some of their line of products. If you need hands on training, find someone reputable in this field.

11. Dr. Bob

Sound advice! Thanks ,:mounty:Bob

12. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

these upgrade courses are just as important though. you should be able to do 3 details a day. Im not sure about each one being $600 though.

The upselling services you can make much better money on per/hr and they set you apart from the back alley car washer who happens to own a buffer.