Danase Water Spot Remover -- Quick Review w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Deep Gloss Auto Salon, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I used the Danase Water Spot product several months ago and have been meaning to share the results but have just not gotten around to doing so.

Bottom line, this stuff just plain works! This customer came to me thinking he needed a new paint job. The mineral deposits were so bad that he could barely even see out of his windshield. When I would gently rub my fingers on the deposits it sounded like I was rubbing my fingers on sand paper!

Any how, on with the pics... The entire car was riddled with these water spots as the customer had just moved to the area and didn't know how hard the water was and he left his truck parked next to a sprinkler that was watering new grass seed. New grass seed needs to be kept wet so the sprinklers were being used 3 times a day and the truck had sat right next to the sprinklers for a week while he was out of town for business.

The owner and his son tried all kinds of products before bringing the truck to me and nothing even made a dent in them. I thought I was going to have to use wool and compound to get them off, that is until I tried the Danase product.

On with the pics

This is indicative of what was ALL OVER the truck!

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After (obviously I also corrected the paint):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bottom line, this should be in every detailers supplies... You never know when a customer’s vehicle will need it!

2. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Looks great, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just received my order with the water spot remover. I tryed it on the inside of the hood of a car. Works great!!

How many applications of the water spot remover were necessary before polishing began??

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Thanks man...

Some areas 2 apps, other 3 apps...Keep in mind, these were just about the worst mineral deposits I have even seen due to the fact that the vehicle had been hit with hard water 3 times a day and sat baking in the hot summer sun for a week...

4. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

2-3 times is not bad!!! I don't know that I would have even given that car a second look!!?? Nice job!!!

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I agree, not bad at all.

I had my reservations... I wouldn't have taken the job but the guy was at his wits end and he really was desperate. I usually don't do trucks just because my quotes for trucks are so high even for a non 100% correction just due to sheer size but this guy accepted my quote and away we went..

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

nice. I wish I would have saw this before I ordered CG WSR.

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I am going to go out on a limb and say that they are the same.

8. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

What was his reaction when he saw the truck after the correction?

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Wow. That's outstanding! Thanks for sharing. There are some areas under the hood of my car, like the shock towers, that are water spotted. Looks like you may have found me the cure.

Ankeet, Majestic Solutions also stocks a water spot remover that is pale orange in color. One wonders if it, too, is the same stuff.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have a bottle of the CG stuff, stinks like no other haha, but I keep it in Charlotte as I dont want that stuff anywhere indoors or around me in case it leaks or opens somehow. I think they are all the same basic formula of acid just different concentrations and other chems.

11. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I can tell you that the Danase melts foam like no tomorrow!!!

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

isn't it made by Chemical Guys???

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Pretty sure it is, as the other products in the line are.

14. MisterShark

MisterShark Birth of a Detailer

Just searched Chemical Guys' site and couldn't find any waterspot remover at all.

A google search does hit though. Wonder why it's not on their own site.

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I dont get how people can make statements based on nothing...

Unless you have tried both, side by side, it is just speculation...

I think making such statements is just about the same as reading how someone used "product X" and then you go around giving advice on "product X" as though you have tried it...

Not trying to be a jerk but making statments when you have no real data doesn't seem like sound pratice

16. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

Yeah, I don't know but, I would find it hard to think they are the same given differing results of use. Maybe both are made by the people that put CG in bottles but, two different formulas???:shrug:

17. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Danasé have never shyed away from the fact CG is their supplier, but they are adamant that it is the same product in a different package.
    AFACGIC, Danasé is an OEM customer, with bespoke formulation based upon their specific requirements.

18. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Did you mean to say they are adamant that it is NOT the same product in a different package?

19. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Any Rag Vehicle Washer

what a difference...gotta give this stuff a try

20. Got Wax

Got Wax Banned

I'll bet it was similar to mine, "Holy S!!@)*()(**#(@&*&^&@$^&@^$&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:picture: