cloth seats , Bisell Extractor , review

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Cosmin, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Cosmin

Cosmin Birth of a Detailer

i try put together a review of little green Bisell extractor.
    is a light unit , good for mobile detailers or car owners with a lot of cloth inside the car or for fam with kids & pets :D
    when you remove stain from seats or when you clean them you may wanna work the whole piece where the stain is, is very important.
    i have a unit similar with this:
    [​IMG]

tools: extractor , a upholstery brush , a microfiber towel ,apc+ meguiar`s, water , vinegar. last 3 in sprayer bottle.
    i first pre-soak the seats , 2-3 spray with water , light on seats , if carpets than i add more water. sometimes i use the hot water but the spray is too wide and i can`t use it in interior.
    i follow with 1-2 spray of cleaner apc+ , let it sit for few minutes , i agitate the solution with the brush.
    using the extractor with pressure on extractor head i get most of the cleaning solution out, than i spray some more water agitate again and extract , i wipe with a mf towel if any residue left.
    for final i use vinegar, spray few mist and agitate with brush, than extract.
    here are few jobs bisell extractor handle. i would say is a good unit but should be more durable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Nice review, I will have to try your cleaning combo between APC and vinegar! I will say that the Bissel Pro-heat or LGM are underappreciated because for a hobbiest detailer or someone that occassionally details for money, the price of entry for these is fairly reasonable and they do a great job extracting dirt. Are they going to equal a professional extraction unit? No, but then again they don't cost a grand either.

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Thanks for the review.

I've been able to tackle most interior jobs with the Bissell LGM. I know you probably are using APC to save money by consolidating products, but Folex works incredible with the LGM and you don't need the vinegar to rinse. Folex won't leave any water spots either.

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i bought the sonax carpet cleaner. havnt used it but iwonder how it works with my bissel? it smells great. so thats a plus for me ..

5. lgixxer

lgixxer Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I use the LGM because is convenient. It could definitely be more durable but for about $100 and a year warranty is not bad. I normally spray with ZEP carpet solution and use the LGM to extract and rinse. I will try Folex soon to see how it works.

6. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

7. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

The bissels do a decent job, dollar to results they work quite well. I haven't had the need to use one as I saved up a little years and bought an Aztec hot Rod. I didn't want to sacrifice for durabilty and performance. In the end for the money, the Bissels do a decent job and should make most customers happy