CG Butter Wet Wax CAR WAX -WET LOOK SHINE

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by RamSus, Oct 18, 2008.

1. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

I would appreciate any feedback about Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax CAR WAX -WET LOOK SHINE.
    Does it really give you "The Wettest Shine Wax at any price! Our Wettest Wax ever" as claimed by CG.?

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

This wax is more of a car show wax, barely lasts two weeks. It does add a pretty wet depth to the paint.

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have used Butter Wet wax a few times...its a very wet looking product...easy on and off....but the durability is not long...its mainly for use when wanting to show your paint off or a car show....a good summer wax if you want to do it every 2-3 weeks....its sorta a thick liquid also ..so you can go a long ways applying it with a little on the applicator...

nice product..but again short lived....really wet looking especially over CG glaze EZ creme

AL

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I did not know that, thank you for the great write up. I like waxes like that every now and then...:thumb:

5. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Anyone try this vs Adam's Buttery Wax? I've used the Adam's and it sounds very much the same as what you guys have described.

6. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

It's basically the same from what I've heard. This is like the car trade-in wax if you understand what I mean.

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Exactly! This is the wax I use when a customer comes to me to detail their car before they trade it in. I always ask "How soon before you trade it?" I ask because I know it won't last very long so I want to detail it right before they go to trade it in.

8. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

LOL.... I kinda like it and all of the my friends who have tried it like it too.

Ease of use is excellent and results are great. Only problem is it doesn't last very long.

9. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Based on the reviews, it almost reminds me of Meg NXT 2.0, which I applied to my black car about a month & half ago & the result was outstanding. It's very easy to put on & off & it gave a nice glowing shine with a wet look, but it only lasted about 3 weeks.

One more question, CG labels this product as one-step formula cleans, waxes & polishes. Does this mean it may remove any previously applied wax since it's also a cleaner?

10. raddogz

raddogz Any Rag Vehicle Washer

No experience with the Butter Wet Wax.

Their Blitz product is pretty nice though

11. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I do not think its a cleaner wax..it states on CG page

Butter Wax contains no cleaners or abrasives, and will not stain plastic or rubber. Suitable for easy application and removal in the sun or shade, hot or cool temperatures.

so I believe its safe to use over any other product....

AL

12. RamSus

RamSus Jedi Nuba

Once again, thanks for the input Al.
    I'm sold on this one & have already placed my order with eShine.