Can anyone who's anal about marring comment on a Meg's MF wash mitt?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ampbmw, Jul 28, 2012.

1. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Like the title says

2. brk4euros

brk4euros DB Pro Supporter

Regardless of brand, I have always stayed away from microfiber wash mitts. They tend to hold onto more dirt particles compared to a sheepskin mitt or quality sponge. My golden rule for any washing is as follows "the less you touch it, the better."

3. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Couldn't have said it better.

4. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Its one if the better mf mitts out there. Its a great mitt for rinseless washes since its white and you can see if you missed scraping a spot against a GG. Very soft and plush. Depending on care, it will maintain its form for many washes.

Use it with a GG and clean it often and you wont have marring beyond the norm for careful washing.

5. ////AMG

////AMG Two Bucket System Washer

I own one and never experienced marring, but personally tend to stick with the sheepskin mitts.

6. brk4euros

brk4euros DB Pro Supporter

I too own one of these mitts and I did forget to touch on the subject of rinseless washes. They are perfectly suitable for this wash process in light soiled conditions and being white, it allows you to be more cautious when rinsing thoroughly.

7. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Its a very good mitt but I don't use anything now but Phil's Uber sponge .

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

These are what I typically use in my shop now. They are plush and stay that way forever. Great value. If you are worried about marring, do a better job on your pre rinse. If you do an effective pre rinse, the actual wash medium plays a very small role. ( within reason of course )

9. ampbmw

Agreed! I pressure rinse and foam with shampoo plus before washing, and then I wash with no scrubbing or pressure, just gliding wash solution over the paint.

10. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

They are great for rinse less washes. I prefer Über sponge for regular car wash soaps. Everyone on this forum is anal about marring. :)

11. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

I think they work just fine as long as you rinse them well. I've never noticed any additional marring from using the microfiber mitts.

12. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

+1 for Phil's Uber sponge

13. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

I use Griots Garage MF wash mitts and have never noticed any marring or any other negative side effects.

14. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I love the Meg's mitt. It's super cheap, fluffy, and white so it's easy to see dirt. I also like the Über and Raceglaze mitt

15. ampbmw

Can someone post up a pic of its thickness? I'd like to see how fluffy it is compared to a lamswool mitt. If its too thin like the cheap MF mitts from Walmart that are basically cheap thin nap MF towels folded over and sewn into a mitt, then I won't try it, but of its pretty fluffy I'll give it a go.

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

They are like $6.95 at the Geek. For $7 just buy it. You can always use it for wheels if you want. You won't, but you could.

17. ampbmw

Yep I'm gonna. Been too interested in these mitts for too long. Really hope they don't disappoint!

18. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Let us know what you think.

19. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

i have used several mits but my new love is the vikking mf "dreadlock" style mit.....rubbed dry on black gtr and it did not mar ....anyone who has dealt with a black gtr will understand what a feat that is

20. jsraaf

jsraaf Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Agree, these are great, hold lots of suds and never any marring issues. They do pick up crud though so using with a GG is a must.