Black Light

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Kilo6_one, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I got it today...... they hooked me up with free shipping.

Anyway, When I get chance Ill be stripping the PL and P21s too see how well this works out.
    Price wise its not bad, and as always Ill try to filter out the marketing hype, Obviously from reading forums from the UK alot of guys really like it.

[​IMG]

2. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

i read about that elsewhere but couldn't find it on the US site. nevermind... it is there now.

Is it a pure sealant without cleaners? I feel my pocket getting lighter.

I already caved on the v7 about 3 weeks ago.

3. F. Premens

F. Premens Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm waiting for mine too. :thumb:

4. Kilo6_one

how do you like that V7?

5. rfinkle2

my initial impressions are very positive. The slickness is the first thing I noticed about it. the weather here has been so snowy that i really can't evaluate alot of my new stuff accurately.

6. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

I was really temped to order some of this... Definitely let us know how it works!!

7. Kilo6_one

That is encouraging thus far. :applause2:

8. rfinkle2

Kilo6, have u tried the Wolfgangs deep gloss paint SPRAY sealant. Its good too.

when we find out about that naviwax, i'll send u a sample either way.

9. dogma

dogma Guest

My kit is due next wednesday.

10. Kilo6_one

Oh cool. I have some Zaino spray seal which Ive been using for years, Its fairly durable and very slick. But Im down to try new stuff.

11. rfinkle2

i have z8 also, but imo the wg spray looks a bit better and lasts as long. it is not very slick though. you'll have to give it a shot (i'll remember to send you some).

are there any cleaners in blacklight (hoping not)

12. ToadHollow

ToadHollow Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I also just received this yesterday. I'll be applying it to my Tahoe sometime tomorrow since the temps are now in the mid 70s.

Love getting new products!

13. LAV86

LAV86 Two Bucket System Washer

is this a glaze or a sealant?

14. Kilo6_one

........CG doesn't really even really define what it is.
    But I would say its closer to a sealant, according to them you can still top it with Caranuba.

15. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I am honestly gonna say that this product is a sealant/Glaze hybrid. I bet its similar to glossworks glaze.

16. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I am thinking its a glaze an not a sealant, thats why you follow up with V7.

17. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

i'm eager to try some...gotta burn through my other sealants first...

according to the uk site its a LSP so it could be used as a sealant

18. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I would call CG and verify it with them if I was going to make the purchase just to be 100% sure for peace of mind.

19. F. Premens

F. Premens Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Here's a vid with a 50/50 of Black Light VS Jetseal, i don't see any difference, maybe in durability..

[YOUTUBE]slZLOuYj1kk[/YOUTUBE]

20. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

i ordered their special, foam gun 3 shampoos and i ordered the blacklight. i used the foam gun w/ glossworkz, you only need a capful and it gives you more than enough suds, i liked the finish it left on the paint and it cleaned very well. i wads very impressed with the blacklight easy on/off, left a very glossy and reflective finish and made my flake pop. this stuff reminds me of danase wet glaze same color same smell, not making any accusations just want to give a comparison. for the sale price i would recommend it.