Best Wheel Brush!!!

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Zookie, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

Ok guys so i have had this Wheel Brush for over 6 Years now Wheel Brush:Suncoast Automotive Porsche, Audi, & VW this thing works awesome, i have 12" Wide Wheels and they reach all the way back. I got Two of these 6 years ago for $2 Each from VW (this is a VW Part Number ZAW911630) One has died after 5 years of service, Lost the Fibers in the Middle over time, i think i am too hard on them... I wash my car 2-3 times a month and on the Second one now for a year and it looks like it will last me another 3-4 years...

I just got off the phone with my Local VW Dealer here in Canada and ordered 4 of them for Now $6.50 Each. Just letting you guys know of an Awesome Faithfull Product.

2. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

thats funny that you posted this as i was going to post about them sometime soon myself. i have been testing these wheel brushes out at work for almost a month now, and am loving it so far. the amount of use a wheel brush will get in a month at my work i would easily equate to a years worth of weekly washes. my brushes see a lot of volume. but anyway, just wanted to back up your post with my own feedback. my favorite thing about them is that they are so light weight. it feels like youre not holding anything when you pick one up.

3. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I'm going to order one up... looks like a good tool!

4. kaotic504

kaotic504 Virgin Detailer

thanks, i'll have to try that out. i have to make an order anyway. i've been looking for a wheel brush that will last. for some reason, my Porsche Sport Design wheels tear up the brushes i've been using (cheap Turtle Wax wheel brush and Walmart wheel brush). i was going to get the Daytona, but i can get quite a few of these for the same price as 1 Daytona.

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

ahh man now im going to have to consider ordering one. I do like the EZ Detail brushes as i had one of mine for about 2 years or so and just retired it only because the bristles got tired and got severely caked with this nasty grease from this wheel.

I need a smaller brush for rims that have a little less clearance so my EZ brushes don't get bristles ripped out of them.

6. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Which dealership specifically in Toronto? let me know

7. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

up until the last few weeks i would have suggested the EZ-Brush, and i still do, but after a good 6 months of use the bristles have collapsed and it just doesnt have the same bite as it once did

so looks like ill need to buy another one and just relegate my current one to under guard duties

8. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

Daytona brush for me. They just came out with Daytona JR, same size as the EZ-Brush mini. I loved EZ brushes, but HATED the durability. My Daytona is much more durable.

9. domino

isnt the daytona and ez-brush the same thing just diff colours

10. Camaro5Ryan

Camaro5Ryan Any Rag Vehicle Washer

thats what I thought too

11. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

from what i have heard the Daytona Brush is better built and is suppose to last a lot longer. I just picked up the blue ez detail brush so we shall see how long it stays alive vs the daytona.

BTW shipping these brushes to Hawaii is crazy. It's $34.12 to ship a $4 brush

12. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

My EZ-Detail brush mini is still going strong after a yr+ of use. Uber wheel brush, EZ-detail brush, and Raceglaze brush are all the brushes I need to clean the majority of my wheel.

13. detail addiction

detail addiction DB Pro Supporter

Has anyone had trouble with the EZ brush handles breaking off?

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hey Zookie, does that wheel brush have rather stiff bristles? If it does, I have it. I like it but certainly not as much as my mini-E-Z Detail brush. Plus I have the RG XL brush and I definitely favor that brush over the other brush.

15. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

My Daytona brush did that and it sucked. If it's one thing i don't really do is bend my brush like some folks do. That really weakens the center portion of the brush. Mine snapped off a few inches after the handle but i liked the brush so much i just continued to use it.

i want the raceglaze brush so bad! damn. I really need a smaller clearance brush. The EZ Detail is a really great brush but can get pretty jacked up in some cases.

16. Zookie

Zookie Jedi Nuba

Yea they are very light and agile to handle, thanks for sharing you feedback.

Any VW Dealer, just give them the Part Number i listed and they should be able o order it in.

Yup mine as well, i have Champion Motorsport RG19's on my 996 C4S and its a lot of Spokes

They arent very Stiff, id call it Medium. I find the E-Z to Soft and obviously not long enough for my 12" Wide Wheels... As for the Daytona, that thing slings shit all over the place... and that is $30+ this is $5...

17. domino

given i need to replace my ez-brush, i went to the local auto shop and had a feel up of the meguairs wheel brush (similar design to ez-brush) and man those bristles are so stiff they'd scratch the bejesus out of my gunmetal wheels

how can people use that shit

18. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Agreed, these are GREAT

I use my raceglaze XL, my PAC wheel woolies, Megs Brush (similar to EZ) and a Megs Slide lock and I am happier than a fat kid in a candy store on by one get one free day.

20. domino

those eimann brushes look very good

do they squash down to get between caliper and wheel barrel on cars with big brakes?