Best way to get lint out of MF towels?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by raddogz, May 29, 2008.

1. raddogz

raddogz Any Rag Vehicle Washer

So I have some microfiber towels that have picked up a ton of lint my guess being from microfiber towels that had a considerable amount of lint in them.

So what's the best way to get rid of all that extra lint in these towels?

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Wash them with a microfiber wash detergent and let hang dry. you could also use a stick lint brush to get it out. They don't seem to leave a residue.

3. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

If you've washed them with regular towels, I'm afraid they're shot. I have a couple that snuck in the regular wash, and they're toast. I use them for wheel wells now.

For smaller pieces of lint, alot of times, I'll use a pair of tweezers to pull them out individually, just like I pull little pieces of dirt out.

4. raddogz

Hmmm...that's what I was afraid of.

I guess I can always find other uses for them around the house, and now it gives my another reason to go shopping for more - :D

5. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

any way to avoind the MF towels from shedding? mine love to leave little fibers behind...

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

You mean linting? I have noticed that some of mine do that, especially the Cobra Jrs. They are bunk, I use them for around the house now. I cannot use them on anyhting else, perhaps wheels.

7. raddogz

I think it's the nature of lesser quality mf towels

8. adriankeith

adriankeith Birth of a Detailer

Maybe try one of those lint rollers? Just an idea.

9. Bridges

Bridges Virgin Detailer

I have this same problem with my cobra's leaving little fibers behind, it's driving me crazy.

How do I find some good mf's?