Are these really 3M pads?

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Strs90, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

Even if they are the US version I have a hard time believing that these are 3M pads for 8 for $2.50?

2. richy

richy Guest

I've got a few of the black ones..they look the same..and what a price!! I'd look at the package with the black, white and wool..you'd be good to go.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

There was a member at Detailing World selling these pads. Can't remember the thread but if I find it I'll post it here...any who the UK members that purhcased these were quite pleased with them but that was a few weeks a go that I saw that post, not sure where things are at with these pads.

They look interesting and the price dosen't look that bad at all.

4. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Well I will let you know...I just got 8 for $9.95 shipped :)

5. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Just bought the package

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Ooh yea report back with these items, they look quite nice, the size looks wicked :thumb:

If at all possible upclose pictures of the pads would be good too :whistle:

7. yukonon22

Will Do!

8. yukonon22

I have a new air polisher to use with them coming in too!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you :gidiup: :gidiup: :giterdone:

10. Pats300zx

I have a real set of the 3M blue and black UK pads on the way that should be here on Friday. I will compare them to the 8 that I just bought.

11. yukonon22

I have some 8" pads in white. Same pattern 3m. Is the white a compounding pad and the black a polishing pad?

12. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

whats the "strength" of these pads like ?
    i've only got lc ccs pads. not sure what these grey pads are for ?

13. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I bought 24 of these pads...different seller but they are the 3M pads....they are production pads meaning not for resale...they are jobber pads..I have 3M branded and these and they are the same....just does not say 3M on them.....

and they are very nice pads.....

worth getting

Al

14. Pats300zx

Thats good to know Al. I can't wait to get mine :)

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I picked up a set of 8 as well for $9.95. We'll see how great these things are, hehe.

16. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I got these pads last week. They are very much like the UK version pads, but i like these better because it fits a little better on the 3m BP. I dont care for how much the pad sticks out on the UK 6" ones.

17. fobe46

fobe46 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

which backing plate do you use for these via a pc?

18. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

i can't wait to hear a few opinions on these pads ..i tried to order a few last month and the supplier said my pay pal acct wasn't linked to my ebay acct and my purchase under buy it now wouldn't go through ..:shead: :shrug:

19. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

I purchased 2 of the black pads about 3 weeks ago from this seller and I like them on my Makita with 3M UK bp. I plan on getting some more from the same seller. The white foam are polishing pads (looks like they are out now), the black are finishing pads and I *think* the white wool is more of a finishing pad also...don't think is a compounding pad.

FYI - If you are interested in buying these in bulk, or interested in different quantity contact the seller.

20. yukonon22

Porter Cable comes with a pc backing plate