911fanatic / 3 show cars

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by 911Fanatic, Apr 26, 2009.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

A few of you may have seen some of these pics already, my apologies. I had to do these three cars for a car show this weekend, (George Barris and Chip Foose were in attendance) and figured I'd post some finished pics. For simplicity sakes, I'll just list the LSPs.

The Ford F100 got 2 coats of Werkstat Carnauba Jett and was wiped down with Werkstat Carnauba Glos at the show.

The Ferrari got one coat of Bilt Hamber Auto Balm and was wiped down with Werkstat Acrylic Glos at the show.

The SSR got two coats Gloss-it Gloss Finish and one coat Gloss-it Concorso Gloss. Owner trailered it to the show so no wipedown needed. If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

Enjoy the pics and feel free to contribute to the "911fanatic needs photography lessons fund"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

Beautiful looking cars, you're killing me with all these Gloss-it Concorso Gloss posts! Spending money is such a great hobby!

Anyway, this book really helped me out when it came to photographing cars. I hope you get yourself a copy, it's a valuable tool when it comes to documenting results in a proper light.

Amazon.com: How to Photograph Cars: James Mann: Books

3. 911Fanatic

4. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

impressive paint job,thanks for posting

[​IMG]

5. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

nice detailing job there!!!

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Looks pretty good there Ken! Are you using a DSLR as well?

7. 911Fanatic

Nope. Just a Fuji Finepix S700. I need to learn about aperatures etc so I can clean up some of the noise in the pics.

8. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

Wow, I still remember that Ferrari, looks like a totally diff. car now. Ken I think having a tripod would help, and once you're cameras on the tripod use a low ISO. That should help a bit I think. Anyways good details!

9. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Yea Low ISO on a tripod will knock down that noise. Sometimes certain cameras in low light just take noisy pics, alot of them are noted in the cameras reviews on review sites and similar.

That red trucks paint looks great

10. GLuXuRy

GLuXuRy Birth of a Detailer

out of all those cars id have to take the old skool Ford pickup .. that thing is sick

is the paint job on the SSR done by Mike Lavallee ?

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Gordeous work on all three, I'm impressed!

12. t-dawg

t-dawg Two Bucket System Washer

Saw the Ferrari in person at Ken's shop, absulutely stunning! Those who haven't seen the before pictures definitely need to see what he was working with before and the transformation that it underwent. :applause:

13. 911Fanatic

No, it was done by a local guy, Curtis Hamm. The guy is talented.:thumb:

14. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Wow, I loved that Ferrari.

That yellow is amazing. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have details on your process on it?

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That red truck is stunning!

16. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Lovely work Ken, the flame job on that truck is out of this world!

Re the photography I have found a tripod to be extremely helpfull in low light conditions to avoid the grainyness resulting from the higher ISO settings. You can get crystal clear pics in low light with a tripod and some tinkering with the manual controls on your camera, far better than I ever managed hand held in similar conditions ;)

PS, I am no expert but it has helped me tremendously :thumb:

17. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Wow they all look awesome

18. 911Fanatic

The Ferrari was supposed to be in for 4-5 days but at the last minute was cut down to two and it was a toilet too say the least. It got a single stage polish consisting of Menz Power Finish and CCS orange pads. Other than the hood, the entire car was polished with the 4" pads as it was a pain changing the pads two or three times per panel. Wiped down with Top inspection and given one coat of Bilt-Hamber Auto Balm.

19. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Phenomenal work as always Ken. That is a the mark of a really talented detailer, when he can take all kinds of products and get incredible results from all of them.

20. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Wow, that makes it even more impressive!

Thanks for sharing.

Auto Balm is looking real good. Hope you get it on your site soon.