3M UK pads

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Spyral, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

Where do I get 3M UK pads? I want to order some.

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Unless someone here has some I think you'd have to get them from a supplier over in the UK.
    I've got some but I'll be holding on to these.

I dont know of any of our sponsors that carry them.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Regrettably I'm all out :what: yes I know, how could I of all people be out of 3M UK foam pads? Well all the ones I ordered are all gone :shakehead: I barely have enough for my self....so another large order is on route :thumb: Not sure when I'll have it though :(

I'd recommend you take a look at Detailing World and look at some of their sponsors, most of the sponsors sell the 3M UK foam pads.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Are they so much better that the hassle is worth it?

5. Spyral

My buddy Ray is coming to visit in a month or so, he lives in England, maybe he can pick some up and cram a suitcase full of them!

6. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Have him bring some stuff that costs a shitload to ship! Aka Dodo Buckets etc.

7. Spyral

How is he going to get buckets over here? lol...I bet that would look funny in his luggage.

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

OH, OH, OH!!! Are you taking orders? And much luggage is he bringing?

9. Spyral

Honestly, he would bring anything I asked, he s a very dear friend. I was going to have a load of pads shipped to him, he lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and have him bring them over. As soon as I have a confirmed date of his visit I am going to place some orders. If anyone else wants in, i will post up when I know the date. I figure a few waxes, some pads, etc.

10. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Hey, he could use the buckets for suitcases. Just need some lids =)

11. rich909

rich909 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I'm in on some 3M UK pads. Both the 150mm and 80mm.
    Polished Bliss stopped selling them and are going with Gloss it and Menzerna pads.

12. rogue

rogue Virgin Detailer

13. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

i'm totally on for grabbing some 3M pads as well if there is enough space. We don't want your friend to come over without clothes :p

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have both the 3M UK and Gloss - it pads and I believe they are the same pre polymer foam. Even the compounding pads start to wear in the exact same fashion along the outer edge.

15. Spyral

Ok, lets find the cheapest place to buy them from and see who wants what. I will call Ray today and ask him to account for one more suitcase for pads only.

16. barrym

barrym DB Forum Supporter

If you plan on ordering from i4detailing.co.uk you can use the code DWX to get 7.5% off.

17. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Im in for some pads.

18. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

+1. I'm in for some 3M UK pads. I have 2 3M UK blue finishing waffle pads. I love them. I have to lift up on the buffer to burnish they are so soft.

19. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Yeah, I'd be in for some more.

The yellow pad freaking rocks. Need it to cut more? Change your polish and/or turn the speed up. You can run the thing right over seams and edges. It's brilliant.

Green is hands down the best foam polishing/compounding pad I've yet to try. I should buy a bunch of them and toss all my LC orange ones. When you hold it in your hand, it feels like it'll be a pain in the arse to work with, but once it's on the car, it just glides. Love that thing.

Blue one is the best finishing pad I've yet to use. 3M UK Blue plus 85RD will leave a vehicle impossibly glossy, it really has to be used to be believed.

Mine are proving quite durable too, which is good news, as I've seen some people complain of them tearing up a bit. I try to clean them in a sink of warm (not hot) water with some APC, and let them air dry. They're holding up great.

Anyway, the 3M UK pads are my absolute favorites so far. If this comes together, I'm in.

20. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

Wait so polished bliss stopped carrying them?! Bummer.