CG New Monster Microfiber 550 + g/m2 !!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Fox, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hey guys, I was just browsing chemical guys when I saw these bad boys up:

Monster Microfiber 550 + g/m2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks new to me, has anyone here tried them out yet?....*COUGH*FMINUS*COUGH*...:D

Also noticed the price of the 3 pack is less than their 3 pack of 530 + g/m2

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Man, these things are becoming fluffier and fluffier. I already think my FLUFFER is fluffy enough. Fluffy fluffy fluffy!

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Man those look so thick! I think it's almost to the point where the thickness is more of a marketing scheme rather than anything else. I mean we really don't need microfibers this thick, it's kind of ridiculous.

4. P1et

Personally, I have found that if MFs are too fluffy, they actually aren't able to properly wipe off sealants or waxes, let alone QDs.

For me, the Fluffer is about as thick as I want to get. I still prefer the yellow with black trim CG MFs, they are perfect in every way possible!

5. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Some towels are actually 2 sewn together... not saying these are but just sying.. I don't like the two towels sewn together thing...

It's actually rethickulous

6. HPIA4v2

HPIA4v2 Birth of a Detailer

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

7. Fox

Fox Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Have you tried the red fluffers? I was looking to pick some of them up but I heard the red dye bleeds for some people?

8. P1et

Paul had sent me an entire dozen of the blue with red trim Fluffers for me to test out, those are the only ones I have. No bleeding.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

LoL, nice one there Jason, haha.

10. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I too love the yellow and black, I actually bought out chemicalguys canada for these

11. rtrt2889

rtrt2889 Birth of a Detailer

I have the Red Fluffers. they are really great for polishing and waxing.

I am going to try to pick up some of those 550 this weekend.

12. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

these new ones are sweet, got mine last monday. played with them weekend after thanksgiving. i must say they are my new favorite towels. and i love the color. i'll be getting more today!!

13. rtrt2889

rtrt2889 Birth of a Detailer

Yeap, i like it too, just got half a dozen. It also has silk lining which is good. I asked paul why the price of the 550s are less the the 530s and he just says it is. haha

So get the 550s! :applause2:

14. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

i'd rather use those to shower with!!

so much Chub!

15. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Those 550's look really good to me and they're 70/30 but the 530's are only 75/25. I find that interesting...:shrug:

16. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

When I first got my 530s from properautocare, I hated them because they would continually fold over on themselves because of the thickness. After a few washes, the nap settles down a bit and they work great. Just my 2 cents.

17. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I'm glad you said that 911. I took a chance and ordered some 550's from CG. I couldn't help myself. They're having a sale on them this week. 3 for 18.00 plus free shipping for that one 3 pack for seven days...:thumb:

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

yeah, I seen those a few days ago...hmmm....maybe a CG order for those towels, and some VRP...

19. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Yeah paul sent me a dozen or so a few months back. the towels work well, but bleed all over everything. I have 2 red shmitts and 2 of my blue ww drying towels have red dots.

20. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Just wash them separate the first time!