Best Waterless Wash for winter

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Reflect, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I've never used it, so what's the best one you've used?

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I was a huge skeptic of ONR, but seeing as here in town we can't really wash our vehicles outside due to city bylaws not to mention the temperature wont allow it...too :cold:

Any who, I've finally gave the ONR a go and I was impressed by it. I use the two bucket method as normal but boy this ONR system sure gets the job done. Now what I do is I take my vehicles to a coin operated car wash give the cars a good rinse then take them home and do the ONR wash, works great.

Any who, all this :bla2: :bla2: is to say that I would recommend ONR :mounty:

3. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Are you talking "waterless" or "rinseless"? I mean ONR and DP 4n1 are really good "rinseless" washes but not waterless. The best waterless wash I've used is CGs One. Its a wash and wax in one bottle. It does a really great job and leaves a great shine behind.

4. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

+1 to ONR.

I've been using it a lot lately since I had to park in front of neighbors houses due to a side yard fence construction phase we're going through (winds blew it down). Unfortunately, none of my neighbors aim their sprinklers correctly so I get water spots in the morning that cover 3/4 of my car. Its very useful since I don't have an hour to wash the car. 15 minutes and I'm done if I take my time :)

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

+1 for ONR

6. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

+1 CG ONE for waterless and ONR for Rinseless

7. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

+1 ONR Ftw!

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

ONR all the way! It's twice more concentrated then DP 4-in-1 and cheaper too!

9. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

ONR is not waterless as it must be used as a solution of product / water

There in no need to rinse afterwards with ONR, but if you feel you must, please ensure that the water goes to a sewer and not a storm drain; either way the lubricating polymers in the ONR do a better job of protecting the finish than conventional car soap. Use in tandem with Optimum Spray Wax for a ‘just waxed’ look If you use the two bucket method (one fitted with a grit guard) the wash solution will stay clean enough to be reusable. ONR is formulated to ensure that dirt particles won’t mix with the solution but fall to the bottom of the bucket.

10. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Hi T, I think what I meant was To rinse at a car wash While on the way for from somewhere to use the ONR to make It safer and easier for the paint. I was just agreeing with nica. I had not thought of that until he said It. The good thing is I have an easy way to get the wash water to the sewer so It doesn't hit the drain. I had to reword my other staement It was misleading, Sorry about that. None the less I agree with you. Thank you for the reminder as sometimes we tend to forget.

I choose DP for the moment for I have not used ONR Yet but I have a new gallon...:thumb:

When using ONR for a presoak do you use it full strenth...Thank you

11. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

DRI WASH N GUARD for waterless washes. ONR for NO Rince washes!
    The 2 are different! I mix ONR like the directions say. 2 oz to 2 gallons of water?

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

1. If you are using a ‘Rinse less or Waterless’ products during water restrictions check your local ordinances, as fines for non-compliance can be substantial.

2. 1- oz Optimum No Rinse (ONR) per 2- gallons of water

3. Optimum No Rinse (ONR) as a detailer’s clay lubricant solution use 6oz / gallon

A Brief Optimum No Rinse Demo - Optimum No Rinse Demo

13. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

ONR fro a rinseless wash use it all the time as it's getting to cold to wash with a hose here.Waterless wash I use CG one if the car isn't that dirty. If it is real dirty ONR pre soak then ONR two bucket method wash works great for me.

14. bezor

bezor Virgin Detailer

ONR, but I've not used anyothers, so I can't compare.

A bit OT: I also put 2 cap fulls of ONR in my 5 gal. rinse bucket with Grit Guard.

15. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

never had to use it.. but i will say in that video it is super super hard for me to believe he didn't scratch the paint esp in one of the panels his mitt looked black..i just can't see how those polymers would save the paint.. i am gonna have to give it a try but my garage has a drain and i have the most freshwater in the world(great lakes) in being on lake michigan in chicago..so onr doesn't really get me excited..products like that freak me out.. i am always worried about swirls and scratches.

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, in that video he also uses an old mop bucket. Like Nica said, you should go to the DIY wash stall first, to PW off a lot of the dirt. Then drive home and use ONR.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I used to think the exact same thing. I still think there is a possibility of inducing micro marring/swirls/scratches with the ONR system but one thing that I do is take the vehicle to a coin wash first, spray some soap then let it sit for a bit and then give it a thorough rinse. That way most of the dirt has been removed and there is less chance of inducing micro marring/swirls/scratches...so far this method has worked for me and Ill continue to use this ONR from here on in.

18. DG 501

DG 501 Jedi Nuba

Me too! I did not use the saop at the coin wash, just water. I never had an issue! ONR is outstanding for a rinseless.

19. bezor

bezor Virgin Detailer

Second on Nica's post. I've used ONR to get midsummer build up of dust/pollen off my BMW. I did my fender as a test, probably 10 min worth of pulling the car out, and following the instructions on the ONR bottle. Hitting the car with QD takes just as much time.

I was ready to correct the area after the ONR with some P085RD, but after luping the area I "washed" with ONR in sunlight, I needn't have worried.

20. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

I have to disagree.

DWG is a good product but its far too expensive when you can get CG's One for a fraction of the price. the savings is much bigger when you buy the gallon on ONE for $50 compared to a 64oz refill bottle of DWG for $50+ at retail prices. and i find the DWG "pump" bottle to waste more product as it really soaks my MF's rather quickly

CG's One is a no brainer for me..... and it smells great!