Jeff's Werstatt

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by bryansbestwax, Nov 11, 2008.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I need some recommendations on the products, more along the prime and JETT lines. I knon Ken (911fanatic) uses the stuff any one else. Also, is it availbe in Canada through a distributor?

Thanks

2. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Interested in this line of products also.

3. Brent

Brent Birth of a Detailer

Right now I am using Prime Strong and Acrylic Jett and like both very very much. Should you decide to use them, apply them THIN or you have a heck of a workout ahead of you. When I run out of Acrylic Jett, I will be going to Acrylic Jett Trigger. Much easier to apply, just as durable as the regular Acrylic Jett.

4. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

I use it and like it quite a bit. I'll second what Brent stated about applying it THIN. I didn't have it quite thin enough the first time I tried AJ out...3 beers later I finally had the stuff wiped off. As long as you apply it thin it's easy on/easy off though in my experience.

I don't think Werkstat uses distributors so your only option is to go directly through the company. Their customer service is excellent and I've never had any problems with advice/orders. I sorely miss their wash mitts, hope they can resolve the manufacturing issue soon....

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I use the wekstat AJT myself. love the ease of use and the sharp reflections. I also bought a couple of empty bottles from them, CL68 LLS and CL68 car wash.

Werkstat and CL68 are only available through their website here in the US. No other distributors sell their stuff. I don't think they have any distributors in Canada.

Excellent customer service, and never had any problems with them.

WERKSTAT: advancing the technology of automotive detailing

6. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Hey slanguage, Nice link. I just checked it out...:thumb:

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I haven't tried the Acylic Jett as of yet ( I have an order coming ) but as the other guys have said, less is more. Use two full sprays on a large panel ie: half the hood, a door etc. Thats all you need. Wipe back and forth until it goes off and buff with a dry MF. Once you get the hang of it its quick to apply. The RRover I posted yesterday only took about 35 mins per coat including the roof. Always go backwards on the second coat. We are creatures of habit and if you go follow the same path as your first coat, more often than not you'll miss the same spots. I have found that two coats will EASILY last four months. As Charlie said, their wash mitts were awesome but they haven't found a suitable replacement yet. Jeffs standards are pretty high so when it is replaced, it'll be good.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I only have AJT and I still haven't had the chance to try it out. I have a bunch of LSP's in queue, LoL.

9. 911Fanatic

Easiest way to solve that is do what I did....just buy more cars!

10. Blackwater

Blackwater Virgin Detailer

Prime strong is my favorite cleaner wax. I think it has a small amount of cut. I have used it
    on a black pad and it removed water spots easily.

11. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

The Satin Prot is awesome, definately worth a try ;)

12. greggk300c

greggk300c Virgin Detailer

ok so how does this stuff compare to zaino as a sealant? can this get multiple multiple layers like the zaino for deep deep shines? if not enlighten me if i am way off base with this. which would be the one i am looking for?

13. 911Fanatic

I cant comment on the application or longevity of Zaino as I have yet to use it. I can say, however, that from the pics I've seen, its way too shiny for my taste, almost "plastic-y" ( I know its not really a word). Yes you can layer Werkstat and its a spray on, wipe off product. The beauty of Werkstat is that you only have to wait 30 minutes between coats.

14. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I just placed an order for some Acrylic Jett Trigger, Carnauba Jett, and Carnauba Glos. Spray-on LSP that actually works? I figure what the heck, I'll give it a try. I'm running out of my "super secret detail spray" anyway.

15. slanguage

You won't be disappointed. Their spray bottles are nice too.
    I want to try out a few more things from them. I did order a couple of the CL68 products a few months back.

16. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

can you top with a nuba?

17. slanguage

Over the AJT? Yes you can. I have topped it with Wet Obsession. It's one of my favorite combos ever!

18. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

i have the acrylic prime and the jett trigger. both combo works great.. you'll like it.. jett trigger is easy to apply.

19. 911Fanatic

Just so you are aware, the Carnauba Jett doesn't flash off as fast as the Acrylic. If you've never used the Carnauba Jett, it smells yummy!

20. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to this order coming in now. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical.

Hopefully after today, I'll have my first "for hire" details to do in the coming week - a matched pair of white BMW 330i sedans. AJT sounded like it would be perfect - fast, easy to work with, and durable.