Home Depot Spray Bottles (less than $1)

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by TexasTB, Oct 29, 2008.

1. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

Was at Home Depot last night and seen their spray bottles, with trigger, for less than $1. I think they were about 96 cents, which is more than half off.

I cannot find a pic of the bottle, but it is 32oz. I will try to get back today and take pics.

2. ghost28

ghost28 Birth of a Detailer

I bought a few a while back for .96 cents each...they work OK after the second or third use with Megs APC diluted 10:1 one of them died...the other two are still here but havent seen much use....

3. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

they sell three different types @ Home depot...

Orange and clear...Not chemical resistant...Junk
    A mostly gray.......Chemical resistant...Good but the trigger is funny
    Zep a clear with some blue...Chemical resistant...A great spray bottle

I have had one particular Zep bottle that I have been using for years (w/chemical)

4. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

all i use are the Zep bottles!

5. CptMidway

CptMidway Virgin Detailer

+1 on the Zep bottles. Whenever I go to Home Depot I always seem to find a reason to pick up a couple more.

6. makos1610

makos1610 Two Bucket System Washer

I went there to look for new ladder instead i ended buying 5 zep bottles

7. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I find that with a lot of cheap spray bottles the sprayers don't last long at all. Does anyone have experience with the Home Depot spray bottles?

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

The Zep bottles are Nice. I have 2 of them. One is used for air freshener, and the other one is used for something a little thicker (cant remember what). They have not let me down yet!!

9. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

The Zep bottles are very good....I use Prep Sol in them and they still work great..very chemical resistant....I have bought cheap sprayers and after a week or so they leak..dribble or stop working..these Zeps take any thing I put in them..some 2 years old with wheel acid in them or strong cleaners

Al

10. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

I failed at bringing a Bargain thread...... lol

11. Buddy

NO, You did not fail. Maybe not everyone knows about the ZEP spray bottles. You did fine...:thumb:

12. Buddy

G, Are you talking about the Orange and clear ones ? If you are. No matter what you put in them they have no longevity. Spend the xtra buck or two and you will be very happy with what you have. I think I misunderstood you earlier, Sorry about that....:shrug:

13. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Chris..those sprayers you have are good for widow solutions..spray waxes...light APC mixes..no real heavy chemicals....I use the 99 cent ones also from HD..like I said for the above stuff
    AL

14. scheerspeed

i bought a 3 pack of some smaller spray bottles from HD. i use them for fk425, ONR lube, and speedwipe. they work fine ofr those things... sometimes the sprayer head likes to pop off...

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The Zep bottles are the best, I have at least five of them and they never fail on me!

16. Buddy

I use them for everything myself and I have a ton of them...3 bucks, Not a bad price for all the aggravation they save me...:applause:

17. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Since we're on the topic of spray bottles, I thought I'd inform everyone that one of the chemical resistant spray heads that I purchased from USPlastics failed on me with Meg's WB. I have a few extra spray heads to replace it but I think I'll be trying out those ZEP bottles to see if it withstands Meg's WB.

18. scheerspeed

nothing withstands WB. you have to rinse out the head with water after each use if you want it to survive...

all my spray bottles, other than my QD ones are Zep. HD by my house was having a sale for like $1.80 each bottle so i bought like 20. i still have a whole bunch left over...

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I get some good bottles at local dollar tree store, or maybe it was 99 cent store...can't remember...
    ZEP bottles are very nice, but are pricey...

20. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

I have found the Rubbermaid sprayers and bottles work very well; I own several Zep sprayers and bottles and aside from looks they are virtually identical. I believe they are priced comparably; however just thought I'd throw it out there for those of you who may not be near a HD or who may run across a bargain on the Rubbermaid.