Optimum Spray wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by bryansbestwax, Oct 8, 2008.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Anyone use this regularly? I was going to change my basic wash and wax to this if it works.

2. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Yes, I use it on every basic detail I do. (clay, HT-69/Poliseal, wipe down with OCW).

I haven't done all that much durability testing with it, one time it lasted 2.5 months, outside 24/7, other times it only lasted a few weeks.

3. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I also use Optimum Spray Wax on all of my basic details. It is very quick and easy to use plus the slickness and look it gives is tough to beat.

4. eShine

eShine Guest

I give Optimum Spray wax to relatives, donate it at Stag N Does, Car Shows etc etc. I do this because it is idiotproof and works great.

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

If it works that good. I will have to put it on my (to try list) That list is getting and longer:yikes:

6. bigfoot

bigfoot Jedi Nuba

I love the looks of this wax, plus help to my lazyness:worship2:

7. advanced detail

advanced detail Two Bucket System Washer

I've been using it more and more lately. It looks good easy to apply and it lasts. Big time saver!!

8. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I really like OCW, easy to use and works great

9. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

I am a big fan of OCW, both the older and newer version. I find that it can look good and bead for quite a while on a prepped surface. Plus it's quick and easy to use it as a booster wax after every other wash or so (even though it technically isn't a booster wax ... ). I find it hard to use a QD or DG AW when I can use OCW...

10. I like it!

[​IMG]

11. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

i use it everyday. it is my " cannot live without " product.
    My favorite aspect of it is the fact that it can be used on plastic and it helps protect it as well .

12. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Word on the plastic...that is huge...although i will share my experience...

I got this to use as a sort of refresher wax, and put it over DG105/Clearkote Carnauba Moose and it streaked like all hell....maybe i applied too much but that was my experience with it...now i use it for door jambs!

13. Bence

Bence Two Bucket System Washer

OCW has very few incompatibility issues. However, when you don't shake up properly, the sealant/carnauba/UV protectant parts separate and it can streak.

14. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Very very very easily could have been user error :tiptoe:

15. gregk

gregk Virgin Detailer

I use it to help remove wax on every car I do. I spray some on a MF towel, then wipe off the wax. The wax comes off easier and adds some protection. It is a great product!

16. heatgain

heatgain Guest

I have a gallon of OCW ("old" formula) and I can see it separate within a VERY short time after shaking. Which of course means it does so in the spray bottle also. So I shake the spray bottle of OCW every time before spritzing.
    In fact, watching the quickness of OCW separating in the translucent gallon has inspired me to shake every product I use before spraying, pouring, squeezing, or however it's used.

17. Bence

Bence Two Bucket System Washer

Good habit! :)

OCW II is more stable, and significantly better.

18. heatgain

heatgain Guest

Of course they came out with a better one after I bought this gallon! :gasp:

19. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Just got some in a trade. Can't wait to try it. Any tips on application/removal?

20. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Shake bottle, spray on paint or towel, don't let dry, wipe on with MF towel, flip to dry side of towel, wipe off any excess. Done. :applause2: