My Collection

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by cinserrajr, Aug 30, 2008.

1. cinserrajr

cinserrajr Virgin Detailer

Hello everyone! :headbang:

First of all, I would like to say thanks to Phil at Detailer's Domain for his continued help and great discounts along the way! Simply said, he offers a great variety of products at unbeatable prices.

I am new to the forum but I wanted to start by sharing my collection which I hope will also help me from purchasing more! Indeed this is a nasty addiction. I find it best described by my order history...

My first order from Detailers Domain contained the following:
    Detailer's Domain "Uber" Geninue Wool Wash - $24.95
    Einszett Glanz Shampoo 500 ml (16,9 fl oz) - (2) $19.90 (Has a good slick, but little to no suds!)
    Einszett Cockpit Premium (16,9 fl oz) - $10.95
    Adam's Glass Cleaner 16 oz - $7.95
    Detailer's Domain "Uber" Microfiber Glass Towels - (2) $7.12
    Detailer's Domain "Uber" Microfiber Applicator Pads (2-Pk) - $9.95
    Detailer's Domain "Uber" Microfiber Towel 16x16 Blue (5) - $19.80
    Detailer's Domain "Uber" Jumbo Waffle Weave Drying Towel Red - (2) $34.96
    Adam's Detail Spray 16 oz - $9.95
    Adam's Detail Spray 1 Gallon Refill - $34.95 (This stuff really is awesome for quick touch-ups!)
    Einszett Glanz Wax (16,9 fl oz) - (2) $39.90 (For long-lasting protection)
    World's Greatest Boar's Hair Wheel Brush - $24.95
    "Ubar" Clay from Detailer's Domain (fine grade) 180 gram - $21.95
    Grit Guard Washing System with Bucket Dolly - $69.95
    Product Total: $373.13

My 2nd order:

Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent (1 Gallon) - $22.95
    P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel Formula 1000ml refill - $22.95
    Adam's Car Wash Gallon - $24.95 (More Suds than Einszett Glanz, much better for Foam Gun use)
    DD's Official FoamGun Kit - $99.99 (If you don't have one of these, get one!)
    Product Total: $170.84

At this point I decided I needed more towels...

Detailer's Domain "Uber" Microfiber Towel 16x24 Blue - (4) $20.84
    Detailer's Domain "Uber" Jumbo Waffle Weave Drying Towel Red - (2) $34.96
    Product Total: $55.80

I then decided I want to keep up with the leather and wanted a new tire shine... (Oh, and more towels!)
    Leather Master Kit with Strong Cleaner, Protection, and Vital (250ml) - $49.95
    Adam's VRT 16 oz - $12.95
    Detailer's Domain "Uber" Microfiber Towel 16x24 Blue - (2) $10.42 (These towels are top-notch when it comes to quality!)
    Product Total: $73.32

Time for a new vacuum and glass polish...
    Metro Vac 'N' Blow - $200.90 (For such a little vacuum, this thing packs a punch!)
    Einszett Glas Polish (150ml, 5 oz) - $7.95
    Product Total: $208.85

And of course I got sucked into buying Swissvax and I also needed some polish...
    Einszett Paint Polish 'Lack Politur' (16,9 fl oz) - $19.95
    Swissvax Cleaner Fluid 500ml - $65.00
    Swissvax Concorso - $239.00
    I also bought an Einszett flag for my garage which is currently under construction. (Pictures of the completed garage to come later!)
    Product Total $353.95

[​IMG]

And today I placed my most recent order for the more fine-cleaning needs...
    3M Masking Tape 233+ 18 mm x 55 m (3/4 inch thick) - $3.99
    Black Wow 4oz - $24.95
    Boars Hair Interior Detail Brush - $9.95
    P21S 5 Liter Sprayer Nozzles - (2) $13.90
    P21S Auto Wash 5 liter refill - $64.95 (I like to use this as a pre-wash, and it works great!)
    P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel Formula 5 liter canister refill - $102.95 (I seem to fly through this stuff with these dusty BMW brake pads!)
    Swissvax Applicator Pad - (2) $8.00
    The Spoke Brush - $7.96
    Product Total: $236.65

**ALL PRICES ABOVE DO NOT INCLUDE THE 10% DISCOUNT GIVEN TO FORUM MEMBERS**

Now, time to add that up!
    Product Total to Date: $1,472.54

Not bad, right? I saved at LEAST 10% of that on each order.

And a picture of my car after a detail with Swissvax Devine by Phil at Detailer's Domain:
    [​IMG]
    Yes, I do have painted reflectors now!

More to come after my detail with Swissvax Concorso! :afro:

Thanks,
    Carl

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Welcome to the forum. You have an amazing collection for just starting. Your car came out beautiful. you are headed in the right direction for sure.:applause2:WOW

3. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Nice collection and sweet looking car. Love that color.

4. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Hey, Carl, great looking car! The only thing I see missing is some machine polishing action. From the pic, your paint looks to be in pretty good shape, but sooner or later you'll be wanting to polish that baby.

5. cinserrajr

Can you make any recommendations? I am a bit hesitant because I have no experience with machine polishing. I guess you have to start sometime, right? I hear the Porter Cable is the most user-friendly, is this true? Thanks your your help in advance! :beerbang:

-Carl

6. mgreen

mgreen Virgin Detailer

Welcome cinserrajr ! Nice collection you got going there.

Just like you i'm pretty new to the world of detailing. I know most of the people in here prefer a rotary polisher but i just bought the Meguiars DA polisher and it feels very safe for a newbie like me.

I have two VWs with very hard clear coat and i got about a 90% correction with the Megs machine on my first try. Used Menzerna polish and compound with Sonus pads...

Can probably get even better correction as I get more experience with the machine.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh nice collection :thumb: and nice vehicle too :druling:

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

very, very nice! So teasing!!!

9. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Hey, Carl, I started out with the PC about a year ago and after doing 3 cars with it, I was like screw this, there has to be a better way. But like a lot of folks, was scared to go full rotary. It was about the same time the Flex XC 3401 was starting to show up. I picked one up last September and haven't looked back. I have purchased a rortary (Flex 3403), but haven't had a chance to bust it out yet. You have to be a little more careful with the 3401, but if cost is not an issue ($279ish), then it's the way to go in my opinion. Do some research here and on other forums for reviews and info. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Perfect timing:

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f28/ultimate-flex-xc3401-starter-kit-let-5298.html

10. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Nice collection of stuff. How much have you gone through?

11. cinserrajr

Thanks, I use as much as I can! As everyone knows, it takes quite some time for a full detail. :headbang:

-Carl

12. bimmer nation

bimmer nation Birth of a Detailer

bump for the e90 M3
    love the four door def better 50-50 weight distribution

13. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Impressive orders man!!! Congrats! Beautiful car btw!!

14. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Very nice collection indeed. I really like how the picture of Concorso came out.

15. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Love teh car. Nice collection you have as well