I'm trying, but it's a steep learning curve.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Piloti, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Piloti

Piloti Virgin Detailer

Two pictures: one before, one after.
    Using a Flex orbital with LC CCS pads; yellow with Menzerna PO83 and orange with PO106, making some correction in the swirls but creating holograms.
    Any suggestions?
    2004 BMW black

Attached Files:

2. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

witch one is the before...doesn't look like much correction was made...try SIP with orange or yellow pad then 106

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Those are some nasty swirls! You may want to try a compound such as Menz Power Gloss with the yellow or orange pad. That should knock down the RDS but will leave lighter swirling. Use the SIP with a green or white CCS pad to clean that up and then finish with 106 on a black or blue CCS . Menz polishes have a decent play time so keep polishing until they go clear. Then you'll know the polish has broken down enough. Remember your IPA wipedown after each polishing step to make sure the oils in the polish aren't hiding anything. Hope this helps.

4. Piloti

Piloti Virgin Detailer

Scott I got the pix uploaded in reverse order the 2nd pix is the hood before any polishing, the 1st is the rear quarter slightly out of focus.

I'll definitely try the pad changes and give it another attempt.
    I don't have Power Gloss available, any substitutes I could try?
    I have : 3M Rubbing Compound; Mothers PowerPolish stage 1; Menz IP PO91E; Menz FP PO85U;

Thanks again! :doh:

5. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

Personally, I hate the yellow foam cutting pads. They instill waaaay too much in the way of compounding marks for the benefit they give. I'd use your orange pad with the 3M Rubbing Compound you mentioned you have as your first step. Repeat application of the 3M until you've achieved the correction you want. At this point, your paint should be "corrected", but you'll have a ton of holograms and compounding swirls that need to be removed. Get a white pad, and use the 106 to remove the holos and compounding marks. This will probably take two, and possibly three, applications to get em all out. Then if you have any energy left :) you can get a black or blue pad for a final glossing application of 106.

6. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Most excellent advice per usual. :worship2:

*wishes he was out detailing*

7. SuperBee364

SuperBee364 Birth of a Detailer

Me too! Today is the first day I haven't either been at work or doing a car. I'm thinking seriously about going out and jeweling the Chawjah just to have something to do...