RG 55 Hazing problem

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by 911Fanatic, Aug 12, 2008.

1. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

About two months ago I went by and polished this clients Camaro as I do every year at the beginning of summer. This summer the car got a once over with SIP on a green CCS and then PO85RD on a black CCS. LSP was RaceGlaze 55. A few weeks later he called complaining of hazing. He hadn't washed the car yet so I told him to have a go at it and it should be ok. Its just the oils in the wax. Well, long story short, two months and a few carwashes later, its still doing it. Have a look at the photos.

In this pic, you can see the line I put in the hazing with my finger.

[​IMG]

Two minutes later its gone.:yikes: Thats how fast the paint was hazing over. The owner was going nuts trying to keep it wiped down. He kept thinking he was missing panels.

[​IMG]

If you look at the light on the left, you can see where I've wiped away the hazing and see how grey it is compared to the car.

[​IMG]

I wound up wiping down the passenger side with Top inspection and waiting an hour. No more hazing. I then polished the same side with Menz Intensive polish and PO85RD. Turns out he was using Megs Ultimate Detailier and Quick Detailer-both synthetics I believe. Would these products cause a reaction with the 55?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wiped down the trunk lid with Top Inspection but no polish and polished the hood with PO85RD and no Top Inspection to see what would happen. No hazing returned. I'll be redoing the entire car again (3rd time this year:thud:) this week and will post pics. Any ideas and thoughts? Any recommendations for carnauba based quick detailers?

2. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

3. 911Fanatic

The clearcoat is ungodly soft but I think it was the Megs not getting along with the 55. Last year we had SRP and EGP on it with no problems and it hasn't hazed over since I redid it. So far.:thumb:

4. 2000AV6

2000AV6 Virgin Detailer

was it new paint?

5. 911Fanatic

2 years ago

6. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I would say the Megs and the Raceglaze are not playing well with each other. Plus need some more pictures of the whole car.

7. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

After ur polishing r u using top inspection to remove the oils from from the polishes? It could be a mix of that and race glaze, not the QD

8. 911Fanatic

I will be doing a full write up after I finish the car. Hopefully this week.:thumb:

9. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I have had the same issues with Zymol Vintage. I think it is just the oils in the nuba reacting with the summer heat. I was using Pinnacle Crystal Mist or Adams QD with mine and it did not help.

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Very nice Can't wait to see the write up.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Interesting, can't say I've used this product but it's very interesting to say the least :confused:

Ooh look forward to the write up :druling:

12. 911Fanatic

I posted this a full 24 hours ago, Nica. What are you doing all day, working?:p:

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea..:shakehead: office is killing me lately, lots of work..then I come home and wife puts me to work, packing is not fun ..were moving soon...can't wait to get the move over with and start working on the garage :cheerl:

14. 911Fanatic

I've got those pics of my dream garage - well, one of them. I'll get them posted for you to see!:thumb:

15. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh yes please, I need ideas, I have a few ideas but more ideas never hurt :thumb:

16. 911Fanatic

If you let me help design your garage I promise you'll be in there so much you won't remember what the inside of your house looks like!:applause2:

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh I like the way you think :mounty: I haven't had much time to work on the blue prints but the little time I've had has been all focused on the garage, the rest of the house will revolve around the garage :whistle: