pros, need some advise for this....

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by ///M LifeStyle, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ///M LifeStyle

///M LifeStyle Birth of a Detailer

most of my cars have aftermarket wheels with chrome lip, what is a good chrome polish out there to remove, to remove some water spots and such off of the chrome?

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I have used nevr-dull to remove light brake dust/oxidation that washing didnt get off.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I too have had great luck with Nevr Dull. That and P21S Polishing Soap.

4. ///M LifeStyle

thnx for the info guys

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Try some Mothers or Adams metal polish with 0000 steel wool.

6. yoyomoefoe

yoyomoefoe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

iv noticed alot of aftermarket wheels as well have a crome lip or looks to be chrome but yet it has a clear coat over it. id watch out for that when using never dull. mostly alloy wheels have those. and you will run across that with alloy AMG wheels. but other than that with the exposed chrome lip i agree with the others never dull is the S*** for such applications. but if the chemical from the wadding is left for too long it can cause pitting but you should not have any problems

7. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I wasnt too impressed with P21s when I used it. Adams isnt abrasive, its more like a metal cleaner.

8. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I have had excellent results with both Mother's Chrome Polish and their Mag and Aluminum Polish.

I currently am using Nevr Dull, honestly I'm not crazy about it, it seems the polishing ability is less than the above two on their respective surfaces, plus it just smears when you try to remove the residue.

9. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

P21s all surface cleaner, works pretty well on most surfaces, takes a bit of working though

10. ///M LifeStyle

ill buy some of the products mentioned and try them and see which works best....thanks for the help!