Help for a rotary noob

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by zspectrum, Jul 22, 2008.

1. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

haha I meant a dryer as in a dryer literally. Or maybe a fridge. It was one of the two. Im making my self seem like more of a noob with every post. :(

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I use full wool pads, some like the foamed wool, I always go back to full wool pads. I have nevered buffed a fridge or dryer but try it and see how it works out.

3. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

I believe it was recommended so I dont mess up a cars paint.

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Understand that,I would just find a beater car and practice on that.

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

You're going to be polishing cars, not fridges and dryers, so practice on cars or spare panels.

6. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Use QD spray without a wax to keep the pad moist, this should help with the holograms by giving you more working time

7. D&D Auto Detailing

A QD isnt necessary.

8. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

NO necessary but helps, especially if you are new or are working outdoors

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

That makes no sense at all and if you are going to prime a pad water is the only thing that should be used. I do not prime a pad and do not get holograms, its all in the products used and mostly your skill level is what dictates how well the finish comes out.

10. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

As mentioned, the orange LC pads aren't as user friendly on a rotary as PFW or a full wool pad. Also, don't use a QD to prime the pad. QDs can react with certain polishes and create more problems. When used correctly, polishes do not need for you to prime the pad with anything other than product. If they did, it would be in the instructions on the polish. Some people will use a spritz of water to a pad to extend the working time, if the polish is drying too quickly.

11. D&D Auto Detailing

Get some Sonus or Megs cutting pads. The foam is softer and much easier to work with.

12. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

Am I the only one that uses LC Yellow pad on my rotary (with great results, too).

13. Ivan Rajic

Ivan Rajic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yup... LC yellow is old news for many today I think... can't match the finish and cutting of LC PFW imo