CRSpotless - Holy TDS reading MadOzodi!!!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by MadOzodi, Jul 22, 2008.

1. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Sooooooo, I think this is the reason why I'm so jealous of JL being able to crank out 38 washes without having to replace his resins yet. And I thought we were supposed to have good water because of Anheuser-Busch being around...

[​IMG]

2. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

ouch....Inbev now isn't it?

They're buying all my dang breweries....

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Yikes, that's quite bad. So how many washes/rinses did you get out of it?

4. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

For my 1000th post! :yikes:

I don't know the exact number Nica, but not very many. I may have used it too much on the ABC wash and trying it out in the washing machine rinse cycle was probably a bad idea as well. I'll be reserving it strictly for rinses or use with the pressure washer from now on.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, I use it for everything, rims, wheel wells, engine bays everything it usually lasts me for about 20 vehicles. So I cant complain.

6. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

There absolutely no reason to use it prior to polishing, or on most rims, tires, and wheel wells. If you do, then you're just wasting money. But if you dont mind that, then go for it.

I only use it for rinses between polishing steps and between polishing and LSP. Or for maintenance washes.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea, that's true. It's a waist for the rims wheel wells..ect..ect..but I personally don't mind. I just like the fact that the entire vehicle will be spotless but just me :crasy:

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hmm, if your CRSpotless is reading that high, I think I may hook my future CR to the water softener spigot inside my garage to extend the life of my resins. Has anyone done this?

9. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I may need a whole house water softener. I don't see why you couldn't do that Denz.

10. Joyriide1113

Joyriide1113 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thats the main reason i ended up selling mine. I was doing fine without one, but figured I'd buy one and give it a shot. I even bought the largest one with the little dolly. Well, after 6 full washes I already needed to replace, and when I filled it up and limited my use to only rinsing, I still only got like 10. I live in Miami and water is pretty hard. I ended up selling it to Scheerspeed for a little less than 300 (he is local). I founf it a nuisance to have to disconnect and connect the filter just for rinsing, so I just went back to my old way of doing things and things have been fine since.

Cough Cough. Same thing with my steemer. I have an elite model lady bug steamer. My mom sues it mroe than I do. I still prefer to use a little APC or Leather cleaner as I find it cleans much better.

Now an extractor is next on my list. Wish me good luck.

11. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Might as well just sell it to me for a discount... you won't like it :p:

Why didn't you like the Steemer? Or were you using both?

Good luck on the Extractor!

12. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Water Softener uses salt (Sodium) not a good idea for vehicle paint on a regular basis

13. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Mine uses potassium so I don't think it would be as bad. Either way, going through the water softener first would be a better solution for me since our water is RIDICULOUSLY hard. I'd like to prolong my future CRSpotless resins thank you very much.

14. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Jesus that's just ridiculous. Can you slow your flow rate down any more? That should bring your PPM down.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Same here brother!!!

16. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I also wanted to say that Anheuser Bush being in the area really has nothing to do with water. To make a lager (which is what they primarily make) you want water with low minerals. If they use city water, they're treating it and then adding back in the appropriate PPM of minerals they want/require to make that beer.

Harder water is better for darker beers. It gives it a heartier mouthfeel.

Just breaking out my brewing knowledge banks. I haven't brewed in a few years myself.

17. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

my TDS meter broke :(

18. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

:D

Well, if I ever start brewing my own beer I'm sure I'll give Guiness a run for its money...BRILLIANT!