Time for another meet guys...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by MadOzodi, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Boxster Brian

Boxster Brian Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I agree. We took my wife's car to Destin and I needed to clean all the bugs off. I got up early and the heat was moving in faster and I could go.

2. yoyomoefoe

yoyomoefoe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

lol im running a 7.2 in my bedroom im a diehard movie fanatic. what exactly is a meet what does it consist of? is anyone invited?

3. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Sure, anyone can come as long as you don't steal anything from my garage...just kidding!!! It's usually a good chance to talk and try things out with other members. Last time LittleMissGTO had a buddy with a Pontiac GTO that needed some TLC. We worked it over pretty good and I think the owner was happy that he got his paint corrected for basically nothing. We could always grab one of my neighbor's cars, or I believe MadOzodi has a potential test subject lined up. You're more than welcome to to come, although we still eed to figure out a date.

4. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

STILL being pwned by waiting for a custom radiator. As long as you're willing to come hang out with us you're welcome.

5. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

I do have a sad lancer that is in need of a good detail...

6. DJ_JonnyV

Just for a little more fun, maybe we should post some pics of potential victims that we could detail, and then vote. Also, this time, I saw we get down to business and knock this sucker out. Wouldn't mind doing some interior work...yeah, I know, I'm an oddball for liking to do interiors too.

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I wouldn't be able to get pics of the S2 Cabrio until after the 29th.

8. DJ_JonnyV

Hey guys and gals, might have to wait a little longer. I talked with my buddy who is an electrician up the street and he's working basically 24/7 right now to get a grade school finished down in Eureka. And with the heat we've had lately, he's not too interested in getting up into the attic above my garage. I need his help to wire the new T8 lights and a new outlet for the A/V gear.

9. littlemissGTO

Don't feel too bad. I'm still waiting on my radiator to show up. If all goes well I'll have the car back Monday.

10. littlemissGTO

Well after much ado it's here. Looks out world I'm almost mobile again...LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Alrighty, Shauna's radiator is in. DJ_JonnyV, where you at with the garage? I visited Ben (MWAutoPro) at the shop yesterday and before I left, we both talked about how we were itchin for the next meet. If no go on Jon's new garage, he's got a HUGE tent that'll fit all of our cars.

I definitely plan on doing a full wash/clay/finishing polish on my car by or during Labor Day weekend.

BD, nice gallon order you had there. I picked up some CG MF detergent and a 6-pack of 530 weight MF towels.

12. DJ_JonnyV

Uhhhh, right, the garage....

I talked to my electrician buddy Friday night during driveway happy hour, and he thinks he can come down next weekend to help me with the T8 flourescent lights. That's really the key thing I need is lighting. Tha audio/video piece is a nice to have! Let me see if I can firm him up, and then we can start talking about dates. Also, still need to make sure lil' momma is cool with everything.

13. DJ_JonnyV

My electrician buddy is coming over Monday morning to help me with the lighting. Might still have to wait a month or two to get the audio/video running, but the main thing that's been holding me up is the lighting. I think we can start looking at dates now. Just let me know.

14. DJ_JonnyV

My buddy came over yesterday morning and we got the T8s up. Put up 3 8 ft. strips that hold 4 T8s each. I put some GE Sunshine 5000K, 86 CRI, bulbs in, and they seem to be doing the job pretty well. It's like full daylight in my garage now:

[​IMG]

Cars are dirty, but lights things up pretty well:

[​IMG]

Of course, I have had a chance to do squat for detailing in it yet. Wife's had me humpin' put new faucets in the master bath. I had to put a new battery in the A6 yesterday also, which was performed in the garage, and it was lit up pretty well in the engine bay...along with some Brinkmann help of course. I told my buddy to bring his truck/mini-van/car by anytime for some detailing love. I owe him now for this. Best thing is, it's all professional and tucked in. The guy is extremely good.

15. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

those lights look wicked bright, looks so clean and it looks like great coverage too :applause:

16. littlemissGTO

I want a garage sooo bad. Looks great man.

17. DJ_JonnyV

Thanks!!! My buddy told me that we can pig tail some more off the existing ones, but let's see how this works out for now. I told him that I want to put some swiveling fixed mounted halogens up and he looked at me like I was smoking crack!!!

18. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I have a garage, but I want one like that!

19. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Aight, how's the month of September lookin for you all? Every Saturday is booked for me, as well as the last Sunday. Will October be too late? I need more sets of eyes on my paint cuz after a round of polishing, I can't tell if I corrected anything or not! :p:

20. DJ_JonnyV

I did a black VW Rabbit this past weekend and the temperature was great for working with Menzerna products (SIP). So, I think September and October are great months for detailing in STL due to lower humidity and cooler temps IMO. September is pretty busy for me as well. October is so-so. I might have the LCD up by then as well. Weekends of 9/20 and 9/27 are bad for me this month. In October, weekend of 10/11 is bad. Momma and I will probably be doing something for anniversary. Just let me know guys. Also, I don't think we have to make it a full day deal again if it's too time consuming. We could focus on things outside of paint correction, such as just washing, wheels, tires, wheel wells, interior, glass polishing, etc. Just tossing out ideas.