Just got in

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by yoyomoefoe, Jul 22, 2008.

1. yoyomoefoe

yoyomoefoe Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Metabo
    2x LC oragne 5.5 inch
    2x LC yellow 5.5 inch
    5-6 inch backing plate
    optima car wash

my Kilma and Gummi will be coming in tomorrow sometime

stuff got here before i knew it

Phil is the man thanks again

cant wait to try the metabo

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Fine order there. I think you'll like the Metabo. So what backing plate did you end up going with?

3. yoyomoefoe

LC backing plate

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice...so pictures are coming? :paranoia:

You know, me and pictures :crasy:

5. yoyomoefoe

yeah ill snap a few for ya lol.

is using SIP with and orange pad just for swirls and very light RDS too agressive?
    i just wanna get some ideas

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice, me like pictures :cheerl:

SIP with Orange pad may work but it depends on the type of clear coat your up against. Example, if your polishing a Merc. with ceramic clear coat that combo should work fine and make a difference on the swirls but on a soft clear coat it may be a tad aggressive.

Just my :2cents: though

7. yoyomoefoe

its a 1996 merc not sure what clear it has i believe its before the ceramic clear tho just thick stock clear

8. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Merc had some harder clears before 2002, but for the most part Merc had softer clears. In 2002 only SOME SLK's got the ceramiclears. However they did have some really hard clears in 03 that were not ceramiclears. You could very well have a manageable clear coat. Probs tons of orange peel, but still easy to remove defects from.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

yea, the older Mercs seem to be a tad unpredictable, just makes the job that much more fun :cheerl:

10. yoyomoefoe

the entire car is original paint never been resprayed only touchup in spots from chips orange peel not so much its pretty smooth. seems to be pretty hard tho from my polishing expierance with the PC