A couple of UK Fords

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Viper, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Viper

Viper Virgin Detailer

Hi folks!

Okay, here are my 2 UK fast Fords. I can't compete with the Ferraris, Lambos & Porsches on here, but these are my 'babys' anyway LOL!

The First one is my 1989 XR2, I've owned this for over 11 years and it's still only got 30k miles on it (26k when I got it). As you can see I've selectively modified it over the years but nearly everything is 'under the skin' so to speak so the car looks relatively standard and 'factory' apart from the alloys. It has a 'Stage one' engine upgrade with KENT CVH22 high lift cam, ported & polished head, bespoke K&N air filter system with sealed cold air feed, Scorpion full stainless steel exhaust, Denso Iridium spark plugs, Splitfire HT leads etc.etc. The interior is stripped out with no rear seats, Cobra Imola 2 composite FIA racing buckets on Sparco side mounts, all stereo equipment, soundproofing and any unnecessary weight removed - car weighs just over 800kg (not sure what that is in pounds, but it's light! lol!)
    Car has uprated suspension, front & rear strut braces, cross drilled and grooved brakes with stainless flexible brake lines all round.
    There are loads of other little modifications, but I'd be typing all night LOL!

I regularly showed this car in full concours competitions from 1998 to 2004 and won many trophies (few shown in pic near the end). It won the XR Owners Club National Day event in 2003 and won best modified XR2 at Europe's biggest annual Ford Show - 'Ford Fair' at Silverstone Circuit in both 2003 and 2004.

The products I use to detail this are Elite Snow Foam, Poorboys SSR2, AutoGlym Super Resin Polish and Poorboy's Natty's Red Carnauba wax. I use Clearkote's Quikshine on the glass (and as QD spray). Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel on the tyres and door seals etc. and Autoglym Vinyl & rubber care on the engine bay hoses etc. Plus numerous washmitts, Aquatouch & Poorboys's MF towels etc.

At Ford Fair in the concours
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Under the bonnet (or 'hood' as you guys say :) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interior - no rear seats so no more than 1 passenger for me! lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Underneath the car:-

[​IMG]

Paintwork reflection shots - not bad eh for 19 year old paint?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a few of the concours awards it's won:-

[​IMG]

Okay and now my daily driver, the pearlescent metallic green Puma 1.7 Lux (I'v only had this for 3 months so there are a few areas that still need a machine polish, but most panels are done). Fantastic driver's car and a highly rated one amongst the UK motoring media.
    All the same products that I mentioned that are used on the XR2 are used here, apart from that I also use Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba to help getting rid of water spotting and staining as this car lives outside. I'm also trialling Tropi-Care's TC-3 sealant on this car as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking the time to look :thumb:

2. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Sweet pics

3. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

That engine is spotless...verrrry nice.

Do you run it at the track?

4. Viper

Viper Virgin Detailer

Thanks very much!! :thumb:
    I haven't in the past, what with competing in concours competitons (and I'd never have been able to have kept in show winning condition if I had). But, now I've finished with all that, it is something I'd like to try out as it's basically lightened and stiffened and perfectly suited for track use. Something to consider for the future definitely!

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice motors! Just make sure no local CHAVS try to run off with it...