My new TOKINA LENS and Photography

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Usjdmtuner, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

Went to B&H in NYC and picked up my Tokina 10-17mm fisheye zoom. The only company that makes fish eye zoom and its all worth the money.. love it so much.. just a click a way from a nice wide or fish eye effect...

Here is the camera:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Belmar BEACH New Jersey Seafood Festival 6/8/08

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Baller "L" lens 24-70mm and 14-40mm... owned by my friend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Decided to take some pics of my daily car Subbie Tribeca, summer car MIATA and project car 240sx Hatchback.. just washed and dressed trims on both cars...and Optimum QD on both

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Awesome lens and VERY sharp pics. And yes, when your lens costs more than the body, you're baller. Kind of like when your wheels are more expensive than your car. Well, not exactly, hahaha...

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

woah that is cool!

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Nice, I like the s13!

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice lens, I'm not a big fan of the fish eye but it does have a purpose :thumb:

Cool pictures too, man that lobster looks so good :druling: :druling:

Thank you for sharing :peace:

6. Usjdmtuner

thanks man..this lens is around $550 plus tax.. cheapest place is on Beachcamera.com free shipping and tax outside NJ

thanks
    ayus...yeah s13 is slowly getting there.. i have all the parts sitting in my garage, kouki oem uber rare jdm aero, Tein felx coilovers, 5 lug conversion w/ z32 calipers, 350z wheels and a whole lot more...

i was going to get canon 10-20mm wide angle but i needed something multipurpose w fisheye and wide angle shots.. Im still getting Canon but not anytime soon. so far this lens got lots of potential and i can minimize fisheye at 17mm.... really shabby especiall when taking detailing photos...

7. tod071

tod071 Birth of a Detailer

I was actually looking at that lens, great reviews. But I pulled the trigger and got the new 11-16mm f/2.8 Tokina that's not even available in the US yet. You might want to check that out instead of the 10-22 Canon, variable aperture.

8. Usjdmtuner

ah seems nice.. ill have to check it. where is it released? and its just wide angle right?

9. tod071

It is on the bhphotovideo.com and adorama.com sites, but not available til end of June or July. I got mine on eBay from Japan. Very fast shipping (Int'l EMS). I paid a little more, but I wanted it badly, so I bit the bullet ($675).

Yes, its a wide angle. Very very little distortion. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll post pics of the lens later in a separate thread.

10. Usjdmtuner

you can post it here.. we are family here...

11. FMJ

FMJ Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I always want to try using wide angle for shoot car pics, any entry level lens you guys recommand?

12. Usjdmtuner

once you enter the SLR world and start buying lens.. they are all professional to me..my advice is go to a local photography store and play with different lens and see which ones make you happy.. Canon sells wide angle 10-22 for $700.. i picked and my TOKINA and lens never gave me a problem and ive always got crisp and clear pictures..

13. Usjdmtuner

Here's my contribution:
    TOKINA 10-17mm fisheye zoom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Nice photos pare!

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice pictures :thumb:

That Aston Martin looks great.

But to be honest I'm not a big fan of the fish eye...I don't know I keep using more and more my Cannon L lens I find it more usefull then my Signma 10-20mm...mind you I havent been using it lately :shrug:

16. Usjdmtuner

haha..my next lens will be the 70-200mm L 4.5 non IS...but i like the lens when taking cars.. it gives me a wide range of view..

17. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree the wide angle is great, but I'm discovering that I'm prefering the capability to stand in one spot and being able to zoom in to the section, example. If I'm polishing a section out and I do the before and after pictures well I use my tri pod and leave the camera in the exact same position...but with the Sigma 10-20mm I have to put it quite close to capture the area I want and the tripod along with the camera gets in the way and it freaks me out beucase I feel I'm going to kick it or something and the camera is going to end up on the ground...so that's why I'm enjoying the L lens, not becuase it's an L lense but becuase of it's capability to zoom in and out. Yes it's not as wide as the 10-20mm but it's actually not too bad at all.

A co-worker who's big in to photography sayd the same thing as you though, wide angles are more for when going up the mountain or in my case when I'm in a car show and I'm trying to capture as much as possible, while the zoom lenses are more for capturing specific items and also capturing details.

Either way they are handy to have, the wide angle I mean.

18. Usjdmtuner

yep right on.... if i have to go into detail and capturing a semi macro shot, ill use my stock 28-135mm IS lens and does a good job... Carlos check out 50mm i think its F2.4 from Canon. its about $80 and its a good portrait lens and should be good for macro and close up shots.. i dont have one yet but thats on my list...

19. FMJ

FMJ Any Rag Vehicle Washer

very nice photos :applause:
    makes me want to get one of those lens....

20. tod071

The "Nifty Fifty" is a f/1.8 lens. Very sharp and fast. My friend just picked up the f/1.2 and claims to be a lot faster, but at $300 :yikes: idk if its worth it.