2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by P1et, Jun 8, 2008.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Hello,

This (very nice!) customer drove all the way from Houston to have his car detailed by me, which I thought was quite the compliment! Arrived promptly, started at 1pm, was done at around 4:30pm. Absolutely lovely vehicle, I WANT ONE NOW!!! Sorry, only afters.

Paint:
    1) Wash with Citrus Wash 'n Gloss with ShMITT
    2) Dried with Sonus Der Wunder towels
    3) DG 501 on white pad with PC on 4
    4) Zaino Z1
    5) Zaino Z5 Pro

Wheels/Tires:
    1) ARO on wells/tires
    2) Megs Split Rim on wheels
    3) Jetseal 109 on wheels
    4) Adam's Undercarriage Spray on wells

Other:
    1) Megs Last Touch on all door jams
    2) 1Z Cockpit Premium on interior
    3) 1Z Leather Conditioner on all leather

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:bla2:

2. AoshichanX

AoshichanX Any Rag Vehicle Washer

ONLY THREE HOURS FOR THAT???

WOW

Sir you are a miracle man. My work doesn't look like that after 15 hours :worship2:

3. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

looks good

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

good goin Piet!

5. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Nice mirror like reflection.

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Great job Piet! Man gotta love some Z5 Pro on black. Nice job and you are right that is quite the compliment when someone drives all the way to you for the detail!

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh man that looks great :druling:

Well done and man your fast :worship2: :worship2:

Thank you for sharing, the rflection looks very, very nice :thumb:

8. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Very nice P1et.

9. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Great job P1et. The reflection from the gravel looks sweet!

10. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

awesome man.. car looks so wet and nice reflection shots.. what lens are you using?

11. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Holy cow all the way from Houston???? I need to get a regular job and start doing detailing as a side gig.... it seems if you detail as a business people think ur only after their money, but if you do it on the side, they're willing to help you out more!!!

NTL, great job on the car, looks crystal clear!!!

12. buja

buja Jedi Nuba

is it really better to use z5pro than z2pro on dark coloured colours ?
    i've heard that their so called swirl hiding capabilities not that much anyway....so what about the look it gives ?

13. kogenx

kogenx Birth of a Detailer

Absolutely Stunning !:yikes:

14. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Dang!!!! Very impressive!!! :giggle: only 3 hours.. ... I think it would have taken me... ahhhh 3.5 .... days j/k LOL Outstanding job!!!! Thanks for sharing!

15. Cody

Cody Virgin Detailer

Dang! I was hoping you were going to say that this was the replacement for the Exploder.

Terrific job nonetheless!
    :worship2:

16. richy

richy Guest

P1et...it would be impossible to get it wetter or sharper!! And in such a quick time..impressive..really it is!! Better draw a map..all his buddies are now going to be making the trip :) I love DG 501 on black..and it looks great topped with Zaino. Your work rocks, dude!

17. ajnavo61490

ajnavo61490 Banned

nice work

what did the owner do for the 3.5 hrs during detailing? he stay and watch your work or did he get dropped off and picked up later or something?

i ask because i've gotten a few emails from ppl in new orleans that want their cars detailed by me and idk if its appropriate to have them drop it off or if they can stay/watch my work...

18. P1et

I had to work quick! The customer dropped it off at 1pm, when it was already in the 90s! The car was SUPERHOT to the touch since he'd been driving for hours. Then, there was NO SHADE anywhere. I found a little bit of shade under a tree, I had to wash it whilst keeping the water flowing over the car to keep the paint cool. Once washed, I had to dry with TWO waffle weaves to prevent ANY spotting. Finally, on the side of my house, I found a bit of shade and it ended up being OK. The Zaino is the only product I know that works OK in the full sun, but it's still not ideal...

Thanks!

Thank you!

Gotta love that Z5 Pro!

Thanks!!! I was thinking about topping it with Z2 Pro, but felt that it would take away from the overal look. Z5 Pro just looks really good in itself on flat black...

Thanks Nica!

Thank you sir, thank you!

I know, I'm liking having a gravel driveway, works good for pics!

Thanks! Just the regular kit lens for now, didn't get out any of my other ones. I find that the kit lens takes some nice pics!

Yep, all the way from Houston. Long drive, the front end looked like about 100 bugs lost their lives on it... I do think that people like the amateuristic "on the side" detailing business. They know that you're in it for the passion, not to make a quick buck. My products are all very expensive and I don't cut corners anywhere. And I think people respect that... But then again, we're all like that on this board!

On any other color, I'd slap the Z2 on top of it. But on flat black, nothing beats Z5 just by itself. And yes, it has some filling abilities, albeit very minor.

Thanks!

Thanks Tonya!!!

Man, this car was a tease to do! I drove it around a bit on the driveway to move it, and WOWZERZ, what I'd do to have one. I called the missus and told her I was detailing her future car. One like this in Alpine White would be so wicked. I wouldn't be able to afford the 335i, but the 328i might be an option!

Hahaha! I was indeed very pleased with the DG 501, bit thanks to AL for that! It cleaned up the paint very nicely and actually got rid of some milkyness (sp?) on the bonnet. Just nice and easy with the PC on 4 with a white pad and it really made a difference. Very easy on, very easy off, a product everyone should have!

19. P1et

Good question: his roommate was in town and he came and picked him up. I think they went and studied at a nearby coffee shop and when I was ready, I gave him a ring and he came and picked up the car.

In all honesty, unless you know the person, I wouldn't feel comfortable having a stranger in my house. And let's face it: would you feel comfortable hanging out in someone's house for 4 hours? I wouldn't...

I have one customer (with the R32) that hang around outside to watch and chat, but he's a friend. Anyone else, well, have your missus drop you off and drive you back home and I'll get cracking on your car!

20. ajnavo61490

ajnavo61490 Banned

well he said he's really anal about his car and that he prolly wouldnt stay the WHOLE time, but wants to watch some of the process