Steam Cleaner for stains on sport cloth seats?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by jayjacque, Jun 2, 2008.

1. jayjacque

jayjacque Any Rag Vehicle Washer

One of my suppliers recently put out a detailed process in which to remove stains from sport cloth seats (the type with little or no nap). It is a fairly common problem. But the thing that gets me is they recommend several chemicals used in a variety of ways, which is pretty involved and takes a bunch of time. I've done some myself that way sometimes successfully. The question is: Would a steam cleaner take care of this with a lot less time and hassle, maybe even do a better uniform job? I'm on a budget so the Shark Steam Blaster is the one I'm thinking of getting.

2. jayjacque

Could somebody respond to this if you see it, because I don't see this thread on the new posts. And for some reason my Search and Quick Link buttons are not working either.

3. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I have a shark... I'd be interested in seeing what it's capable of... I'll admit being a little scared due to lack of experience.

4. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

are you talking about alcantra material?

5. jayjacque

No, not that imitation suede stuff. I'm talking about cloth seats on late model vehicles that is pretty common. It's tightly woven with hardly any nap.

6. raddogz

raddogz Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I believe it's the kind of seats with a woven look similar to a graphite or carbon weave.

7. jayjacque

Bringing this back up again, to see if any of you pros could help out with this question. I just did another interior clean of these kind of stains today. Cleaning by Ps21 TAW lightly sprayed, allowed to soak, then watered down and spread out over the seat (and door panels on this particular vehicle), brush and/or scrub, repeat several times until the stains do not show up and neither does the water lines. It's time consuming and I'm not always satisfied with the results. I'm really hoping somebody(s) can clearly tell me if an economical extractor will be the answer. I really can't afford an expensive one, unless of course those in the know say that's the only way to go. I'm looking at the Shark Steam Blaster as a possiblity.

8. richy

richy Guest

I had a jeep I did last weekend that had stains in the passenger seat. The steam alone wouldn't clean it.

9. jayjacque

I meant economical steamer, not extractor. But since I brought it up, do you guys use an extractor to at least make the job go a little faster/easier?

10. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer