P21s Total Auto Wash Nightmare

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by trhland, May 27, 2008.

1. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

saturday i decided to give my truck a nice bath before waxing. it was filthy!! so i decided to pure 2 ounces of optimums soap to a bucket along with a few gulps of p21s total auto wash to give me a squeky clean surface before waxing. i washed then dryed with micro then blew with leaf blower. that left some water spots but i fiqured no problem the wax will take them out . well no!!! they dryed like concrete on the paint .waxing didnt remove the tiny spots:mad: and theres was also a film on the crome bumper too. so i had to use a paint cleaner along with wax!!!! so what was suposed to be a nice relaxing waxing turned into a full blown cleaner and wax!!!! my water is very hard wear i live i quess mixed with a degresser didnt help but made it worse!! not to bash this its a great degresser. did i use to much? should i have gone over the whole truck after drying with a q/d before waxing? thnks guys

tom

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh that's strange, that's never happend to me...:shead:...mind you I always use the CR system when washing so I'm sure that makes a difference....um...just curious was it hot and sunny outside when you washed the vehicle? Just wondering that's all.

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

when using TAW as a soap you really need to rinse well. It dosent rinse the same way as soap. I hae found a presure washer works better at getting the residue off compared to the flood meathod.

i would try rinseing for longer or rinseing with a power washer.....

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i think you may be right. i just did a quicl rinse perhaps i should have rinsed alot longer thanks guys!! and yes it was hot even in the shade. when i washed it.

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Washing outside is a pain, I know I do a lot of it. I find that rinsing and rinsing and keeping the car wet until you dry will give you less spots. Sometimes it is innevitable, black iks the worst. It heats up like a mother in the sun. Paint cleansing is the only way to make sure.

6. Joyriide1113

Joyriide1113 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Try not to use a blower to dry a car that has hard water on it, even if its in the shade. I've tried doing that before and I still get water spots the same as I would if I had let them sit on the paint outside. The only time I would use a blower to dry would be on wheels or cracks after I had dried with a WW.

7. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

trhland...you may want to try the DG water spot remover...works very well at removing spots..and LSP safe...

also sometimes mixing products make a whole new item ..it can be good..or be bad...lol....

hard water is a bitch to work with,,I have 2 wells and one is hard water....I have a rechargable DI system and i make water to use to rinse with...

butlike I said the DG water spot remover works nice ...I use it also when I run out of DI water...lol....or lazy to make more...

AL

8. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Tom,
    i had the same experience with wash and gloss soap..i washed on a semi warm day and slightly warm panels ...my car was full of water spots un-like any soap i've used and just like you i had to polish out the hood,roof , 2rear quater panels,and the trunk panel..

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

If your truck is pretty dirty and you are planning on rewaxing - Megs NXT will work well. And it's available locally.

10. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

you guys rule!!!!!! thanks everyone who responded .. great info!!! reall opened up my eyes to try different methods next time. thanks!!!!

tom

11. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i hear you on that but its the only way to remove water from crevices. prior to waxing next time ill go around reall quick with q/d before waxing to remove freash water spots. man i gota look into water filter !!! the only thing is my waters so hard ill be going through resins like crazy:itsok::itsok::yikes:

12. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

yeah the quick rinse is the answer..with taw you need tto rinse the hell out of the car..also if you have hard water go the cr spotless route..i don't have one but i have heard Great things!!!

13. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Big huge difference between "Hard" water and having Deionized water (with a CR system). If all you have is hard water giving you problems you could go with a water softner filter system and they are a ton cheaper and you can regenerate those on your own with a heavy salt water mixture. This WILL NOT WORK with a CR system but will with a water softener system. If you are thinking of getting a CR system check your water with a Total Disolved Solids meter (TDS meter) and see what your water is now. That will give you a general idea of how fast you will go through resins.