TurtleWax

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by GigaFlow, Feb 17, 2008.

1. GigaFlow

GigaFlow Two Bucket System Washer

I have understand that TurtleWax is a bad product for most of you guys, but WHY?

Can you guys explain to me WHY i really do not buy and use TurtleWax?

Is TurtleWax a bad product?

Here in Norway between Pro Detailers, TW its banned.

I just wonder why?

Is there somebody here who know some technical information arrount TW?

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

It's not that it's bad, there's just better products out there :p

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

that sums it up.... there ok products, megs and mothers make better otc lines :shrug:

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

There are turtle wax tools that are nice to use, ie their wash mitts etc :). I have turtle wax 2001 polish sitting in the garage....i'm thinking of using it for wheel protection..I'm assuming it's a sealant because it has "polymers" and "resins".

5. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I actually like the Turtle Wax Platinum leather conditioner. Its pretty decent and only $3 at Big Lots.

6. GigaFlow

Okay.

But can the most of Turtle Wax products be compared with for example Chemical Guys and Pinnacle to?

Just wonder :)

7. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

not really the "good" tw products are few and far between.

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Gigaflow, you are now on my BAD LIST! j/k :afro:

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Their platinum wheel cleaner is one of my favs. It works pretty good and is pretty cheap.

10. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I like the Platinum line. The tire spray is my favorite. It gives me the look on my tires that I like.
    The Leather CnC is nice for $3 like Pat said.
    The Wheel cleaner is great too.
    The qd is a decent qd also.

Most of these you can get a BL for $3 each or so. Pretty good price for some great OTC products.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Turtle wax is like ford tempo, it's bad...

12. GigaFlow

:chillpill:

Its just a question :)

13. jujuanne

jujuanne Banned

I'm quite content with the Turtlewax tire wax...it smells great too

14. Truls

Truls Two Bucket System Washer

To get a car glossy and shiny i guess you can use almost everything inc TW, but as stated above (1st page) there are lots off stuff that are better or easyer thanTW. TW aint "bad" but personaly ive been disapointed about many produkts from TW in the past, and therefore went to other product lines where i was more pleased, and seldome disapointed..

Is a common brand to "start" with, def in Norway where they are the No1 selling brand cos they are EVERYWHERE, and brands like Meguiars have a hard time getting foothold in the stores caused by different reasons.

If someone that got some "knowHow" about car detailng did a job with TW i dont think many would see much difference (given the car was swirl free/new), but it would probably take him longer time than with other products and it would probably last shorter.

That many in Norway buys lots and lots of TW is the one reason that they are as said everywhere, and Norway aint that big to have 3-4 different brands in every store, and as long "we" buy TW cos we dont know "better" they will still sell lots here..

Used their carpet and textil cleaner some days ago (Ive had it for years and my Megs cleaner was empty) and that didnt remove s##t from my seats, absolutley nothing, wast of time and waste of (old) money imho..I used the Megs int cleaner some weeks ago on some old seats aka the Kangoo, and they lookd like new after i was done..

So the short version:

Its not bad, but there are lots thats better...

(i saw that a car in a show here in Norway won best shine (?) with TW nano cleaner and TW ice..) But then i would say we have "just" started detailing over here, and the intresst about propper car care/detailing is getting better for every week that passes thanks to Ketil aka Pirex and others that do this with a sort of passion not just something that has to be done... So in some years it will be 99% cars done by Norwegians on pebble Beach concours and 1% done by P.Dalton AND that was a joke....a bad one...he he..sorry..

wac on, wax off....daniel San