Billberry Safe wheel cleaner available in U.S.?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by supercharged, Apr 25, 2008.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I was looking at detailingworld, and I seen a lot of people using Billberry acid free wheen cleaner. It is acid free, and can be dilluted up to 10:1. Costs 20 quid ($40 USD) for 5 liter jug.
    I asked them for a shipping quote, no response yet. Is it available in U.S./Canada? I want something inexpensive, P21S sure is the best, but is pretty pricey. Megs Wheel Brightener is strong, but is acid based....
    Anyone has experience with Billberry? Is it worth ordering from U.K.?

2. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Sorry, haven't heard of that one.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, I've been reading quite a bit about this product too. Sounds like a great product to have in a detilers arsenal but I haven't been able to find it localy nor the US...but then again maybe I'm just not looking hard enough :confused:

supercharged (or anyone who does find it) if you find it please let me know as I'm interested on getting a small amount to try it out.

The other item I'm really interested in is Tardis..man that stuff is wicked, wish I could get my hands on it, worth every peny but so far no go :shakehead:

4. supercharged

what is Tardis? Is that a wheel cleaner???

5. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Nica ,
    The two products mentioned are sold in the UK are they not ? i'm sure your arms can stretch a bit ..lol

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Tardis is strictly a tar remover that works great on wheels for dissolving those tough spots. I have seen pics of its results and I would love to get some but cant find it anywhere in the US and shipping from Polished Bliss to the US is to expensive, but they carry it.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh my arm can reach buddy...the problem with getting Tardis is that Rich from Polished Bliss is not qualified to ship Tardis to me...well Rich looked into this for me, actually spent a few days looking into it too..looking for a way around the shipping issue...well any who what Rich told me was that, in order for me to get Tardis a certified shipping person needs to pack the Tardis container (I want the largest container I can get, some kind of drum is the largest :confused), it can only be shipped by air and well the shipping by air is not an issue, it's the certified shipping person that is. Rich is not qualified to ship Tardis to anywhere but the UK, Rich even spoke to the head office of Tardis and they said no, I even told Rick to tell the head office that I would order a palet to make it worth there wile the answer was still no :confused:....Rich said he would look into getting certified so that's why I still don't have Tardis, I WANT IT!!! But all in due time...good things are worth waiting for.

9. supercharged

why not ask one of our U.K. members to help you out with this? Don't worry Nica, we won't tell!:applause2:

10. supercharged

Did they give you a shipping quote??? I'm still waiting for a response from them. If I don't get a response by Monday, I'm gonna phone them...

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Well, I thought about that but the thing is that if a member does send me a container of Tardis and something happens to it during transit well the person sending it would be in a lot of trouble...Tardis is a very strong chemical and I can understand the stright shipping policy on it...but all in good time I'll get my hands on some Tardis.

12. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

I would be interested in a good amount of it too(Tardis and Bilberry)...maybe not a drum but definitly interested. Keep me updated if you find a way.

13. supercharged

label can be removed, right...or worst case scenario, it can be poured into a different container...

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, but that still dosen't remove the liability issue. I don't know much about chemicals let alone packagaging but the liability of anything going wrong is what I fear. I mean I'd feel bad if someone does me the favour and then they get slaped with a fine that's all.

I'd love to get it but at the same time it's not worth getting someone in trouble that's all....oh another thing I was thinking of I know there are certain chemicals that are not allowed in the US, is Tardis one of them? I honestly don't know, I remember Rich saying that certain products (chemical wise) he is not allowed to ship to the US but can ship to Canada or vise versa. I found that interesting, but I honestly don't know if Tardis is one of them :confused:

15. supercharged

well, you don't really need a 5 gallon barrel to try it out...and a small sample (about 1 liter size) shouldn't really anybody in trouble...is this stuff flamable???

16. Nica

Nica Banned

True, but for my self I know I'll like it and I know I'll want more so that's why I'm after the barrel size...but yes, this stuff is extremely famable..I'll load up the specs on Tardis that Rich sent me, I just need to change the settings on the size of attachments that can be loaded on the forum, I'll do that shortly.

Attached Files:

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Tardis information uploaded :thumb:

18. car

car Virgin Detailer

If anyone needs some help with samples of Tardis or Billberry i can help