'94 Supercharged Thunderbird - 2 Step Paint Correction by Mr. Sparkle Detailing - Long Island NY

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Mr. Sparkle, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle DB Pro Supporter

Not the typical car you get called for. 1994 Supercharged Ford Thunderbird. Custom interior with a 1 year old full repaint on the exterior. Owner is a big time Ford enthusiast prepping this car for a long ride to Kentucky for a Ford Supercar event. I was happy to rise to the occasion.

I had given the car a prior inspection, and it was pretty swirled up So I knew what I was in for. I mean this car was big. They dont make them like this anymore. We booked a 2 step correction and I put aside 2 days on the schedule.

Started with the usual wash / decon / clay bar routine. Was kind of in a rush as the sun was going down so no photos.

In the morning I started by taking some paint measurements (plenty of clear on the car) and taping up all the trim

[​IMG]

Closed the garage, turned on the LED lights, and turned off the fluros. I could see it was gonna be a long day.

The hood before

[​IMG]

And up close

[​IMG]

Compound of choice on the day was Meguiars M100

Hood was first gone over with

Makita 9227c + 3m waffle foam + M100

The remainder of the car, along with a second pass on the hood, was done with

Flex 3401 + Megs MF pads + M100
    Griots + Megs MF pads + M100

Finishing work:

Flex / Griots + LC White + Menz Power Finish

Results as follows....

[​IMG]

We'll start with just the hood

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Passenger door

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This spot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trunk lid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the 2 step correction, vehicle was given a quick wash to remove all the dust. A coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant was then applied

Even application as shown

[​IMG]

The swipe test after a long battle

[​IMG]

Buffed off the sealant and took in the wow factor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whats old is new again here in the Mr. Sparkle Garage!

Mr. Sparkle Detailing.com

Instagram @MrSparkleDetailing

Old School1980 likes this.
  2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

That looks great! The paint was hammered for being 1yr old.

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Sweet Job Bryan that ride looks great . The color and those wheels look awesome . Thanks to the work you did.

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great job! I would agree the wheels go well on that car.

5. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

this goes to show u that if take care of it ,it will take care of you

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I had a friend in college who had an '89 Thunderbird. I cannot tell you how many times that damn thing left us stranded! But this one is obviously in a very different league!

7. Old School1980

Old School1980 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Up hear when you tell them it will be 2-3 days to get done for 2-3 step polish they freek I wont it in one day all done.
    I Rig trucks for Oil fields and farms trucks.

8. Mr. Sparkle

Mr. Sparkle DB Pro Supporter

Although most people don't like being without their car for that long, I like to present it as I need that much time to deliver the results they're expecting and paying for. You need 2-3 days to get the job done correctly without rushing. If they can't do it, thats fine and we do what we can in 1 day.

9. GoFast908Z

GoFast908Z DB Pro Supporter

Nice work