Wheel Woolies. Worth it?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by DirtyWeRX, Feb 15, 2012.

1. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

I love mine and have the set of 3. I don't know what they are made of, but I am pretty sure they are NOT wool. Looks like a synthetic fiber to me but I really can't be sure. Whatever it is, they work, don't mar and last. I had mine for over a year and they still perform 100%. When and if they wear out, I am buying another set. Best investment I made in terms of making my life easier when cleaning wheels-PERIOD!

You should ask if anyone bought them and does not love them. That will most likely convnce you to order a set. No joke, they are the best wheel cleaning brush.

2. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

Drag up a 6 month old thread to tell me I'm wrong after this has already been posted in another thread. :applause:

3. Paul S

Paul S Birth of a Detailer

Seems strange that the set I got from AG appear to be made of wool. I attended a open house at Griots here in Indy and their brushes seemed to be of a synthetic material.

4. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

FWIW I got mine from Phil and they're the synthetic. I've had them a couple months now and they've held up well, I'd imagine it's longer lasting than natural wool. The company that makes them is Braun.

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

I needs to get me some lol

6. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I actually got a set since I made this thread. They are fantastic. The Braun Brush company makes all of them as far as i can tell (griots, adams, DD, etc...) My only complaint is that the handles for the medium and small brush are too short. I have the newer set where they made longer handles... but still too short IMO.

7. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

If they all had the same length handle as the big one would that do it?

8. pokerfad

pokerfad Any Rag Vehicle Washer

they are great except even the smallest one doesn't fit in between certain gaps on my A7 wheels and Q5 wheels. Only the swissvax brush will get all the way in between the smallest gaps that I come across. They are very useful and do not splatter like the EZ detail does. I use the EZ for the barrels and the woollies for in between the spokes and the swissvax brush for all tighter areas and the wheel caps.

9. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

I got a set from Adam's and the medium woolie's handle is the same length and width as the large woolie.

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Yes, that would be great!!!

11. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

I agree. Adam's is on the right track by lengthening the handle on the middle size whoolie. If they had given the small one the same handle as the other two that would have been ideal IMO.

12. Adam's Polishes

Adam's Polishes DB Certified Manufacturer

Not sure if you've tried ours, but we've had ours made to a different spec. More info here: Adam's Wheel Woolies Premium Wheel Cleaning Tools

I actually have a demo/beta-test one that was somewhere between the small size and the large... my complaint with that design is that for some of the finer work I use mine (door jambs, grills, engine bays) it was too cumbersome/awkward.

13. LDM

LDM Virgin Detailer

Another good use I've found for Wheel Woolies is that the large one is great for getting in between the cab and bed on a pickup truck.

14. DirtyWeRX

Eh, length wise, I would be better. But with a longer handle, I could see it becoming flimsy and more prone to snapping. Maybe the could make the first several inches as the largest wheel Woolies's handle, then taper down to a smaller diameter..... Maybe some day. The smallest Woolies is great for getting between the caliper and wheel barrel, but the length means I have to hold it with the tips of my fingers trying to reach back far enough and thus takes away from applying much pressure.

To be honest, half the reason I complain about the length is because I'm fat and breathe heavy as hell in a crouched position hahaha.

15. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

What is different about your spec? Love to hear the features and benefits of your over the others.

16. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

I have not seen anyone really regret their purchase. I like mine.

17. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I have a set of the orignals and a set from Phil I love them. But for cars with very tight caliper spacings I use the Raceglaze XL .

18. DirtyWeRX

Actually I have not tried yours, but judging from the picture, It looks as thought the middle brush is much longer and was addressed nicely. Too bad I bought mine before you guys debuted them.

19. Jokeman

Jokeman Two Bucket System Washer

I have a set, they work awesome.