1. jaybr123

jaybr123 Virgin Detailer

Just wondering if anybody here use that product?!? Ive been using it a couple of time and i like it more and more....especially because it doesnt dust at all.

2. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

tdekany does, send him a pm.

3. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

But he works for 3D now :/ Not the most unbiased opinion I'd say.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I have used it and think its just an okay polish. On harder finishes it can work nicely but on softer paints it does not finish down well like a Menzerna or even Meguiars counterpart, still some haze and marring left over.

5. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

I can't help but feel like this whole brand is forced down every post on another forum. So much so that it turns me off from even trying it.

6. astro_ng

astro_ng Jedi Nuba

I like it, it works well. It leaves virtually zero in the dust department. On softer paints you'll still need to grab a bottle of 205 to finish her off though.

7. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

True, and I apologize for leaving that out. All the same, he has used 3D products for years and should be able to speak from a solid experience base. But no, I wouldn't expect him to recommend Menz or other brands.

8. john baker

john baker Birth of a Detailer

thomas is a very good guy,has helped me out quite abit while trying my hand with hd products.

9. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I've heard the HD Polish is a replacement for the M205 but I wouldn't trade my trusty M105 for anything. It just works, it's cheap and it dust like a B**ch but that's just the way I like it.

10. jaybr123

jaybr123 Virgin Detailer

I can only compare uno and polish to 3m perfectit line since i havent used megs or menz. Uno compared to 3m, the cut is pretty much the same, longer working time, better finish and no dusting(wich for me saves me a lot of time on cleaning). I wouldnt finish with uno tough.

11. yakky

yakky Two Bucket System Washer

Uno is very easy to work with, as stated, very little dusting. If you expect M105 type cut, you will be disappointed, but on cars that aren't hammered, its actually faster to do 2x more polishing with UNO vs spending all that time chasing M105 dust or spending $20 in tape.

I think the holy grail is a non dusting M105, this is about 1/2 way there.

12. jaybr123

jaybr123 Virgin Detailer

On verry damaged paint, i prefer a quic damp trizact pass (1500 followed by 3000), then follow wit a mid cut compound. I just....hate dust too much to spend time cutting down defects with extra cut & extra dusty compounds. Thats maybe why i kinda like uni a bit more than 3m(even if i work with 3m everyday at work)

13. RZJZA80

RZJZA80 Two Bucket System Washer

It had it's place, but doesn't cut as well as 105, all things being equal. It also doesn't finish down quite as well as 105 does by itself. It says zero dusting, but it does dust up a little for me, not 105 dusting, but it does dust. n I never understood why "longer working time" was necessarily a good thing. I would think something that cuts quickly and you move on to the next panel is what detailers would want.

14. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

I've been playing around with HD Uno for the past few days and it's a great polish, but as others have said definitely not a replacement for M105 or Power gloss. Long working time, barely any dust (I did get some with my wool pad).

Last night I was playing around with my test hood testing. I sanded down the hood with 1000 & 2000 grit (2 different areas) Then tried HD Uno to remove the marks. It removed the 2000 marks no problem, but the 1000 it didn't remove all the marks. Still a good amount were left.. Which is understandable. The M105 definitely did a better job of removing the sanding marks. I obviously would never sand and leave off with 1000 grit, but this is what a test hood is for. Just wanted to see how much cut HD uno actually had.