Auto Finesse Satin - Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by flipm3, Jul 2, 2012.

1. flipm3

flipm3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I hear a lot of people have been picking up the new the Auto Finesse Satin.

I got to try it for the first time early this morning when I did a quick wash of my E46 M3.

First off, I have to say that I love this stuff. I have tried endless amounts of different tire shine products.

Auto Finesse Satin is incredibly clean and easy to apply with a foam detailing applicator. Unlike some other products out there, this one doesn't run or drip. It isn't too viscous. The product has a nice collective consistency.

Upon application, I noticed a stark difference between some of the past products I've used. AF Satin provided a smooth, tasteful, and clean finish to the tires. It didn't look too wet. It didn't look too glossy. And in no way did it look too reflective.

Believe it or not, it actually had a nice contrast, yet almost matte and satin finish.

With that being said. I am sure many of you will have the same enjoyment out of the Auto Finesse product. So let's celebrate and start an on going thread of deliciously clean tires!

Post away!

2002 BMW E46 M3 | Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/40/18 275/35/18

Auto Finesse Satin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

AWESOME Alex - really glad you took some photos. I have been using since this for a little bit of time and it has easily knocked away all my other favorites. If you don't believe in Satin - buy it, try it, yell at me or BE HAPPY you bought it :)

3. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

I really like Gloss. If I want it shiny, I spray and leave it. If I want the shine muted, I follow up with a cloth. Does Satin last longer?

Martin, I know it's always a good time to order but, is it a good time for me to order yet? lol ;)

4. flipm3

flipm3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I am pretty excited to see the durability of AF Satin since I have been very pleased with the longevity of AF Gloss.

I think the biggest difference with AF Satin was how much less of a hassle it was apply compared to Gloss. Don't get me wrong, AF Gloss is still incredibly effortless, but the liquid consistency was sometimes a nuisance. I found AF Gloss to require a bit more effort to make sure the entire sidewall is covered. With AF Satin, literally it took one or two passes to get entire coverage.

With AF Satin, adding on layers should add gloss. For me, I prefer to start with a matte finish, then apply as needed for that extra punch.

In the end, I still have both AF Satin and AF Gloss and plan to enjoy both as time goes on. My personal preference still leans towards AF Satin though.

I'll make sure to keep everyone posted on my "durability testing". Next time around, I'm going to do some 50/50s with bare tire and with AF Satin, then another 50/50 with AF Gloss and AF Satin. :)

5. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

You the AF man, go for it and post some more pics into this thread.

You probably have the largest AF collection in Canada...lol

6. Gale Force

I don't know about that... I will say I do really like using their products.

I have an open invite to anyone who wants to try something from Auto Finesse. Give me a call, PM, email, text, smoke signal, and we can meet up for a coffee and testing session.

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Sounds good but you'll have to come out here. :hi:

8. Gale Force

I would love to come out. The last time I was in BC was 16 years ago. I bet a few things have changed in that time. ;)

9. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

You wouldn't recognize the place anymore. It would be like living in the prairies and then moving to New York City. Crazy stuff.

10. Dr Oldz

Dr Oldz Birth of a Detailer

[​IMG]

This is just a quick 50/50 from my phone. I really like the look and darkening effect without the ghetto bling. On these ribbed style tires, I still much rather Gloss for ease of use but Satin wasn't as much of a PITA as other gels on these tires. I think Satin is a winner!

11. MartinD

MartinD DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks very much for the photo and good comments :)

12. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

That's a clean e46!

13. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

I've been using for a will know great stuff :)