Product shoping

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by MerrittDetailing, Jun 10, 2012.

1. MerrittDetailing

MerrittDetailing Virgin Detailer

When looking around for products I tend to try and save some money. That means cupon code or deal of the day etc.... I was looking around on DW and found a bunch of places that have products a lilttle bit cheaper or in the UK. Here is what I am talking about: Found some Dodo Juice Supernatural 250 ML Price is 94.90 EURO I put that into a into a money converter and came out with this USA price is $118. 97. (I belive I am doing this right lol) I found the same product on autogeek $200 USA price. Would you shop over seas to save some money even tho shipping might be a bit more? And how many of you buy products from over seas?

2. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I have not purchased detailing products from overseas, but I have bought other stuff.

If it is significantly [worth it] cheaper, and it is able to fly and pass customs, I would not have any problem purchasing from a reputable over-seas distributor.

The only concerns are, like I said, if it can be shipped here [many flammable and compressed type products can not be shipped via air] and if it is worth it, as in my experience shipping is still fairly quick through a reputable shipper, but does take longer than the typical 3-5 [or less] days it takes me to get stuff from Phil [Detailersdomain.com]

With something like Supernatural, and an $80 difference...the choice is obvious!

P.S. Just for future, Google is my go-to converter of ALL types...if you're ever curious, type in 94.9 euro is USD, and it will convert.it is approximately $118.97.

:thumb:

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I have purchased from UK. Is SN 95 euros or is 95 pounds? There is a difference in price...Also, find out how much shipping will be...$80 is a big difference...

4. MerrittDetailing

MerrittDetailing Virgin Detailer

5. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

Shipped and minus VAT that would be about $183.00. Since you can often get SN for 15% - 20% off the $199.99 list in the US it is not exactly a screaming deal. Plus your credit card company will likely charge you a few dollars for the conversion transaction and you might get hit for brokerage or customs fees (unlikely on a single pot of wax probably shipped air mail).
    I do order from the UK occasionally but I almost never buy things that are readily available on the US market. IMO Concours Car Care, G|techniq, Scholl Concepts, Dodo Juice (only about half their product catalog is represented in the USA), Bilt Hamber, Nanolex, Meguiar's M101 Foam Cut and Menzerna FG500 are a few of the lines or products that arguably are worth the hassle of self importing.