Permanon

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by pure, Jun 4, 2012.

1. pure

pure Virgin Detailer

Durability? Worth it? Good add on service for clients? I read a lot about it... Just want to see what the detailers who have used it say?

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I like it, durability is like a normal sealant. It really depends but it's like 3 months. I use it for customer cars so that why I like it. Nothing like it in the world for ease of use.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I topped off mine on my wife's car in January, its still beading, sheeting and going strong. car is parked outside too most of the day. It looses its "slickness" but don't be fooled its still there...........

I also from time to time do a post wipe down with CG pro detailer and its slick, but by weeks end its gone.

Nothing will stick to it long term which is why I like it. Bird shit just wipes off fairly easy with some opti clean.

4. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Nothing easier on the market. Spray, rinse, dry, done.

5. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

It's pretty good. Durability might be 6months but realistically at the 3month mark there was a need to apply to get tighter beading. It doesn't bead nice after 3 months but I was assured that it's still there. It's easy to use, and looks great. It was quite funny seeing bird droppings in tiny little beads... 2 days after I applied it. Water pressure got rid of it. Really going to leave the car untouched- that said its being sold but its been 3 weeks. My uncles same vehicle has been coated with IW845 around the same time and IMO looks better but it is silver vs. black so it's not fair.

6. pure

pure Virgin Detailer

Man kinda pricy... Saw someone put one bottle makes two gallons? Lol, I do wanna see the whole bird droppings bead up though!

7. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

What kind of surface prep is involved with this? Typical wash/clay/IPA? How is it applied, saw someone applying it via paint sprayer.

8. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

An atomizer sprayer works good. Just spray until it starts to run.

9. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Pakshak has a trial size (100ml) on their forum.

10. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

The grey top sprayers work fine from US plastics.

my surface prep was wash with dawn, and wipe down with IPA.........

No correction because its my wifes DD and I could careless, I just want it easier to wash.

11. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

I just got the 500ml bottles of Platinum and Diamond. Stuff pricey. Hell yes it is. But if I can just wash, spray, dry, drink beer, I'm a happy camper.

12. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

This is just my experience, but I never got Platinum to last longer than 1.5-2 months.