My starter collection... new to the "game"

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Atherton213, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Atherton213

Atherton213 Two Bucket System Washer

I bought my new car 2012 gti in october, before that i always liked a clean car, but it wasnt anything more than bucket sponge soap and then a paste wax/polish... maybe my collection was 5 off the shelf items

I always followed links from other forums to detailing ones like this and always amazed by the work, i decided to give it a go and since october my collection keeps growing and growing lol... Still a bunch of stuff on order or not pictured

Following recommendations of lots of people for products and trying them out to find the ones that i like best
    [​IMG]

Just picked up a nice stand up dual hallogen work like for $20 @ home depot on sale :) 1000w its pretty bright

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

welcome :thumb:

3. Atherton213

thanks phil :) a lot of that stuff has actually come from you lol

4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

no problem thank you.

5. 01GreyStangGT

01GreyStangGT Any Rag Vehicle Washer

You're off to a good start.

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

You have some great stuff in there, I'm a big fan of meguiar's products, especially endurance tire dressing.

7. belair

belair Birth of a Detailer

Wondering how you like that Big Red seat? I had a chance to get one at Big Lots for $19 but decided not to, then changed my mind but when I went back it was gone.

8. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

That collection will expand exponentially

9. Atherton213

I got it online for like $20 or so... its kinda awkward for putting anything besides like rags under it... but overall rolls really nice and is comfortable. I tried polishes and stuff but rolling on my textured driveway and its not a "deep" tray stuff just fell over.

Lol beats sitting on a bucket :p

10. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

You're off to a great start! Watch that credit card of yours, it will start magically facing charges left and right for products haha.

11. Atherton213

[​IMG]

picked up a new work light :) $20 @ homedepot on sale

1100w

12. Atherton213

Just picked up some Autoglym HD for about $12 at local pep-boys... figured for the price i would give it a try....

13. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

Nice collection, You are gonna love the Autoglym it is one of my favorites and a favorite of many here. And for that insane low price,GO BUY ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!! I would like 2 please. LOL

14. brokenweasel

brokenweasel Virgin Detailer

Go buy them out and re-sell it on here. Seriously.

15. Atherton213

lol they only had 2 and one of them was open already... missing the outer paper cover, didnt look inside the box though cause i grabbed the one that was sealed

16. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

have you modded your GTI yet I 'm stage III on my 09 GTI?

17. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

Let's see some pics of that GTI after you've used some of that product on it. :thumb:

18. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

AGHD is a standard in this business.........

great wax, especially for what you paid for it.

19. Atherton213

ehh kinda, not really. I added APR Carbonio intake, lowered it on HR Sports (10 and 15mm spaces to for the wheels to look flush), euro switch, H8 Hid fog kit. Other than that its stock... for now

20. Atherton213

so a friend brought her HHR over today for me to detail... gave it 1 step correction and it got dark and started to rain :( so i didnt get to try my new autoglym