Optimum's New Products from SEMA

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Chris@Optimum, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

Hi All,

We now have Microfiber Cutting & Polishing Pads and matching backing plates that can be used on all machines (DA, Flex 3401, Rotary), a new sprayable AIO called GPS (Glaze, Polish, and Seal), half gallon refills for Hyper Polish & Hyper Compound, Opticoat 2.0 and Optiguard have been updated and can now be layered, and Optimum T-shirts. They are all (except MF cutting pads and DA Plates) available now directly from us and will be making their way to our distributors over the next few weeks.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Chris

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

You are killing me.... Now I gotta get rid of my 2 I have left of the pervious version.......good problem to have I suppose :)

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Chris,

Great meeting you at SEMA!

4. irontree

irontree Two Bucket System Washer

When will the updated version of Opticoat be avalible?

5. richy

richy Guest

Chris, that's exciting news about the OG, although I always thought it could be layered if done within 5 minutes of the 1st layer.

6. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Sweet. I love how Optimum continues to improve their already great products.

Will the GPS have more cut that Poli Seal?

7. Chris@Optimum

No you don't. The original can be layered if you polish in between coats.

Same here, Phil...wish we'd had more time to talk shop though.

As I mentioned, it's available now when purchased direct and our distributors will have it as they rotate out their current stock. There is no label change so I'm not sure how you'd tell...sorry.

You are correct, but that is basically a more even, single coat. With the new resin, we were able to layer 2-3 coats after a full cure time of 12 hours each.

It's about the same (somewhere between Optimum Finish and Optimum Polish II), but you'll use less with the spray. You can tune the cut via the pad choice of course.

8. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

It was great to meet you at SEMA this year Chris. Thanks for letting me try out the new Optimum micro fiber pads. I can't wait to get my hands on some.

9. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

What type of benefit would there be if you layered the new formula of either OC 2.0 and OG?

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Are the new MF pads different cuts of the pads AG is selling? i.e. AG is selling the "polishing" versons? How much of a difference are they?

11. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Oh god, why did I click on this thread, I did not need to see this...........................

12. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

Haha Karl. You just bought OC and you're always searching for a better AIO

13. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

That's what went through my mind as well.

14. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

lmao ... same here bro!!

15. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

Thanks you for the good news.

16. Chris@Optimum

Likewise, Pat! You're quite welcome. Theyre a pleasure to work with.

In an effort to make both versions more user friendly, weve discovered the new resin can be layered. I wouldn't go more than 2-3 coats in any situation though as I think you'd get something blurry like high spots after 2-3 coats. Of course you could polish it down but there's really no need that I can see to use multiple layers. Beyond layering without polishing between coats, there's no real improvement to speak of.

There is no difference between the cutting and polishing pads face material. The foam interface is firmer on the cutting pads to allow more pressure to be applied. You could actually just use one type of pad for both functions if you wanted to.

You're welcome.

17. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Glad to see more great products from a great company, but I still hate you for releasing them, at least my business account will hate you.

-Kody-

18. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Thanks Chris for the information.

19. Chris@Optimum

I have an ex wife. I'm no stranger to hate...I can handle it lol.

You're welcome.

20. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

If you guys are using a completely new resin now how will that affect durability of the product? The original has been tested since it had the "product X" name. With the recent change in resin, has there been anything done to test durability? I still have a full syringe of Opti-guard and opti-coat 2.0. Its there a real significant improvement besides layer-ability?