Enhancement detail on a Astra SRI

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by butler2.8i, Jun 7, 2011.

1. butler2.8i

butler2.8i Any Rag Vehicle Washer

This is a enhancement detail on a friends black Astra SRI which is about 7 months old with approx 9000 miles on the clock. The car has had too many visits to the sponge and scratch washes which had resulted in the cars finish being muted and dull, and also had been a victim of a bump and run resulting in a large scrape on the rear passenger door and wheel arch. Wash and clay stages done during light/heavy rain showers but cleared up for polishing which ended up with me getting sunburn.

Products and equipment used

Dodo Lime prime
    Dodo supernatural hybrid
    Uber microfiber towels
    Uber drying towel
    3m yellow pads 150mm 75 mm
    Valet pro bilberry wheel cleaner
    Valet pro tyre gel
    Valet pro citrus bling
    Valet pro orange pre wash
    Valet pro PH neutral snowfoam
    Meguiars hyper wash
    Meguiars Hyper dressing
    Meguiars 16 wax
    Werkstat Prime Acrylic
    Autosmart Tardis
    German applicator
    I4detailing orange clay bar
    Various wheel brushes
    Makita rotary polisher
    Karcher pressure washer
    Noodle wash mitt
    Uber Microfiber drying towel
    Poorboys microfibre clothes
    Snow foam gun
    3m masking tape
    Finish kare 425
    Jetseal 109

The car before I start

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I started by giving the lower parts of the car a coat of the valet pro orange pre wash, which was left to dwell before being pressure washed off. The car was then given its first coat of snow foam made up of the valet pro PH neutral snowfoam and a shot of Meg’s hyper wash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whilst this did its stuff I cleaned the wheels using the bilberry wheel cleaner and various wheel brushes, the bilberry got the worst of the muck off just leaving some small tar spots to be removed by the Tardis and a microfibre cloth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The snowfoam was then blasted off with the pressure washer, and then the car was given another coat of the same mix snowfoam and washed using Meg’s hyper wash and the 2 bucket method and a wash mitt before being power rinsed off and dried. The lower parts of the car and inner arch lips where sprayed with Tardis which was left to do its stuff before being wiped down with a microfibre cloth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rinse bucket after washing, and car had received a pre-wash soak and 2 coats of snowfoam

[​IMG]

The car was then rinsed off using a open ended hose( plus rain) and left wet before claying using citrus bling and water mix( 4 to 1) I4 detailing clay bar which didn’t really pull much from the paint work it was then rewashed using the same method and dried using a Uber microfiber drying towel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Giving me this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Car was then taped up using 3m masking tape and the bonnet vents removed to be polished separately , a couple of quick 50/50 using the lime prime and 3m yellow polishing pads before getting on with the rest car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then started to work my way round the rest of the car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Car was then rinsed off using the pressure washer to remove any splatter/dust, giving this beading from just the lime prime

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after polishing my way round the car with the rotary, I applied the first coat of Dodo supernatural hybrid wax/sealant using a german applicator pad and left to cure before buffing using poorboys microfibre clothes. Whilst waiting between coats all the exterior plastics where given a coat of Meguiars 16 wax and chrome trim polished using Werkstat Prime Acrylic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car was then given a second coat of the Hybrid wax after approx 1 hour as I get to see this car on a regular basis so I can see how long the 2 coats hold up. The car was then given a final wipe down using Finishkare 425, and the glass was cleaned using neat citrus bling. The wheels were given 2 coats of Jetseal and the tyres giving a coat of Valet pro tyre dressing, arches dressed using 2 coats of Meguiars Hyper dressing

Leaving me with this, the car as it should be with a cracking purple hint to the paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

nice work. you started this project outside during the rain?

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice, looks like the weather cleared up nicely during the detail.

4. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Nice turnaround!

5. butler2.8i

Sure did, i knew the rain wasn`t due to last and decided to get the cleaning/claying process out of the way.

6. butler2.8i

I ended up with sunburn so i have added some suncream to my detailing kit

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Nicely done, good to know Lime Prime came be used with a rotary and does such great job I am excited to try mu bottle

8. butler2.8i

Its a cracking product to use and gives a amazing finish to the paint

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Found this because I remembers about trying out LimePrime I really want to get it now. I wonder what the 3M yellow UK pads compare to cut when comparing to other pads i.e. the Ubers I am wondering if they are like the Yellow Ubers. Amazing work by the way!

10. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Very good looking car, nice write up as well

11. butler2.8i

Cheers Guys