BMW A Driving Obsession

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Wheelz25, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

Here everyone,

I caught this on tv last night and it was a pretty cool special on BMW. Everything from company history, management, vehicle design (even down to the chimes and noises from the car), production, future designs, etc are discussed. Thought I would share.

Its a full show so about an hour but if you have time I really recommend checking it out!

BMW A Driving Obsession - YouTube

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Thanks for the link, I'll definitly watch it as soon as I get home

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Wheelz25 ---

Thanks for sharing the link.
    Believe I have seen something like this before on one of the national geographic or history channels, etc.. It's an awesome history for an equally awesome line of vehicles.
    They are definitely Driver's cars - if you like to drive, then this marque will make you happy. If you like to snooze while you drive, this marque will not make you happy. :)
    The Quandt family I believe still owns the company, and has from the beginning. Smart people, a host of very smart people who do all the design work, etc, and even have a big studio and other things in California.
    I am looking forward for cashing in on all my years of being a member of the national club, to one day take delivery in Munich of a new Bimmer, and take advantage of their paying the car insurance there for 2 weeks, and driving my new car all over Europe, dropping it off, and letting them ship it free to my nearest Dealer in the States.
    Believe they still pay for one round trip ticket to Munich, and discount the price of the car as well..
    Their newest technologies going back to 4 cylinder turbocharged motors is going to be great too ! Just got the latest Roundel magazine, need to catch up on all the new stuff!

Thanks again for bringing this link up !
    Dan F

4. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

No problem...i think your probably thinking of the ultimate factory show? i liked this one because it had a lot of interesting info on the product development side of the company and the amount of money, time, and research that goes into designing the cars, npot just the final assembly production....like the guy who creates the sounds for things such as the seatbelt warning, ignition chimes...the other guy says "these things you couldn't even name are the most important in the end that makes it different from dislike, like, or love it"..crazy

5. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I don't understand if they dedicate so much love and effort into making such driving machines. Who though up the 5 series GT?

6. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

haha that one I can't tell you, its probably one of the worst looking cars out there....looks like a pontiac aztec

7. nth degree

nth degree Virgin Detailer

I saw this about a week ago on TV. I'm not really a huge BMW fan, but I was impressed by their principles and dedication to creating "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Who knew so much time and energy went into the sound and seats?

8. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

I really enjoyed that. Thanks for the link.

9. Peugeot

Peugeot Birth of a Detailer

Saw it. Pretty good. BMW still needs to push reliability like Toyota used to. Stop using plastic cooling pipes.

I'm not a fanboy, but I've been happy with my 3 series.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

10. greased

greased Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Who decided there was a need for both the 5 GT and the X6. Is the 5GT a cross between the 5 Touring and an X5? Is the X6 a cross between the X5 and the 6 series...maybe the 5 GT? What happens to the 5 Touring?