Gtechniq C5

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, Sep 16, 2011.

1. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Holy sh*t this stuff works awesome! I have a client with a BMW 5 series that I see once a month like clock work. He does not wash, or have it washed until I am there. I thought it would be a great candidate to test C5 Wheel Armor. Last month I applied it to half of the front driver wheel and half of the rear driver wheel. I didn't remember what half was the one with the coating so I just sprayed the wheel down and couldn't believe me eyes.

Heres a video, since I didn't know exactly where the coating was I kind of missed it. Look to the right of the wheel, thats where the coating is.
    [​IMG]

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

phil.. .. . ...... I want. .. . .

3. IID

IID DB Forum Supporter

I've had C5 on one of my DD wheels for ALMOST a year now,and it is showing ABSOLUTELY NO signs of letting up to this day!
    It is truly a Impressive product as is ALL GTechniq products.

4. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

UGH so many things to buy and not enough money to buy it with :(

5. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

I wonder is Permanon will do this?

6. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Nope, C5 is based on the same tech as C1. A "crystal" coating as they call is. Permanon won't make cleaning your wheels without agitation possible. Dirt still seems to stick to the surface, but it decreases that caking/baking effect.

7. apadilha-pe

apadilha-pe Virgin Detailer

someone could mention a product as good as the c5?

8. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Tell me about it LOL

9. TroyScherer

TroyScherer DB Forum Supporter

The G-Tech C2 is actually a slightly modified version of Permanon. So in the end same basic stuff. I not sure but would guess C5 has Permanon roots as well.

10. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

That is what I am trying to say. The only Permanon product in there line I believe is C2. C1, and C5 are there own crazy durable coatings using much different technology than C2.

11. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

I have been using the C5 since March on my daily Audi S5 and customers toy cars and it is unreal for keeping the brake dust off and cleaning is a breaze. I was thinking of getting the wheels black and then showing how easy they wash just with a pressure washer.

I would highly recommend this product for cars with Brembo/German brake pads.