Terrible Water Spots

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by aml5578, Jun 13, 2011.

1. aml5578

aml5578 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

My car was in a sprinkler the other and it left these terrible water spots. Any ideas on how to remove these? I tried clay and a diluted vinegar solution with no luck.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Mark V or Pro C-30............ its acid, so unless you know how to use it, id get help.

3. aml5578

Anything safe I can use to remove the spots? I don't know who I would ask for help I think I'm on my own on this one haha

4. tfonseca

tfonseca Virgin Detailer

Try white vinegar usually it works a treat!

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

"I tried clay and a diluted vinegar solution with no luck."

did you try the vinegar at full strength? what are you using as your media to rub the vinegar?
    I suggest a foam applicator pad, and mist the area and let it dwell for a minute or so then gently rub the pad left to right for about 30 seconds and see if that helps. Vinegar needs to stay wet and fluid to work, so if you are spraying it down, then trying to wipe off with a towel it may not work.

6. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

A light polishing would be your last resort in case you dont have acidic products to remove them. I just was working on a 2011 WRX today with that exact same problem they were etched so distilled vinegar at full strength didnt work. I had to use M205 with green Ubers both on my Makita and on my PC and polish the entire vehicle to remove them.

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

A paint cleaner will sometime work. MX7 is a great water spot remover for paint.

8. aml5578

@kilo6_one I just put it on a microfiber towel at first half strength and then full and it didn't work. I will try wetting my car, misting on the vinegar, letting it sit and then rubbing with a foam applicator.

@Danny I was planning on doing a full paint correction anyway so I'll definitely do that if the above doesn't work.

@Legacy where can I pick up MX7?

Thanks guys,
    Alex