cquartz

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by mobilejay, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks man I just am afraid I might marr the coating if I dont use a quick detailer for a drying aid with my ww. I am used to always drying the way you mentioned but also with a quick detailer.

2. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Sorry for my delayed response Danny. All of them essentially look the same to be honest, however they all differ in application and performance.

Favorite spray sealant: probably has to be Reload, not just on Cquartz either. It is the only spray sealant I have ever used that I feel leaves an appreciable amount of protection behind; I have found it to have 2-3 months of durability in my tests using it as a standalone LSP. It is very easy to use, you can easily tell which panels were coated with Reload or not, and produces some fantastic beading/protection properties.

Favorite QDs: FK425/Gloss-It/DG AW. All of these are identical in terms of looks, all are extremely forgiving to over application, do not streak, perform very well in the sun, perform well as drying aides, and leave a very slick finish. I have gone through a couple 32oz bottles of each and kind of reach for whatever I feel like using on a particular occasion.

3. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thank you I was wondering if it would be worth shelling out $90 on a gallon of gloss it, I think I might go with DG AW because its like 1/3 the price of gloss it by the gallon. I'll be using it as a drying aid and Reload to maintain Cquartz from time to time.

4. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I am absolutely loving Cquartz. I have had it on the front of my XB for 2 months now, hood, bumper and fenders. I applied BFWD a week after to the rest of the car, and while it's still protecting, it isn't beading up or sheeting water NEARLY as good as CQ. My car was filthy after two weeks of no washing and rain and lots of driving. Presoaking the car, the water was not really beading up that well. When I presoaked the front where CQ is applied the water was beading up like crazy. Cleaning the bugs off the front is pretty easy as well. I am definitely a believer in this stuff and can't wait to try out the rest of their line. Oh I bought the shampoo and it works great but not as good as the IronX spray but if you are going to clay it's a good pre IronX. Makes me feel like the paint is getting really clean and is left perfectly smooth after the shampoo, spray, and claying. Good stuff, I have the So Pure I have to try next and buy some reload.

5. richy

richy Guest

Jay, wait till you try the ReLoad. To say it's awesome is an understatement. It, alone, is an amazing product but when you top CQ with it, unbelievable!

6. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Well my girls car has it all over(CQ) but mine has it on the front. I don't want to put the reload on my car cause I want to see the product perform with nothing on it. My girls, yeah I'll probably try it on her entire car. I may try on the part of my car that doesn't have CQ.

7. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

ive just jumped on the cquartz bandwagon

these water spots im getting are just driving me crazy, im interested to see how this protects against them

i plan on reading this thread in full when i get the time, but in quickly browsing i saw a post where someone removed it with SRP - surely if it provides so much protection/scratch resistance, a simple aio shouldnt be able to remove it??

8. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

should be able to remove it iwth AIO if applied correctly. i used 106 to remove it

9. builthatch

builthatch Virgin Detailer

incidently, where is Avi from? israel?

10. richy

richy Guest

Cyprus, I've ordered from him directly a few times.

11. domino

guys i got to play with cquartz today at one of our detailing distributors open day

had a go on a test panel, was very suprised how easy it spread with the applicator and suede cloth (looked like a sunglasses cleaner cloth)

i was worried how i'd go applying over my large bonnet as splitting in 2 may cause that hazing mentioned here given one side would cure while doing the other side and overlapping strokes, but it spread so easy and quickly you could easily do a big bonnet in one go

i purposefully applied heavy in some areas to see how itd buff off and there was very little hazing after the 10 mins

i tested it on a metallic black bonnet and the finish looked like freshly applied clear coat, thick clear coat. Im not sure how its going to look on solid black, but im hoping once cured i can glaze and apply one of my black deepening waxes

tested the scratch resistance too and was very suprised, this is going to be a major advantage to me given how soft my paint is and marrs even with the safest wash process

def looking forward to receiving mine, ill be correcting and applying to my bonnet only at first and will start a test thread to monitor how it goes

12. richy

richy Guest

I'm glad you had a good experience with it. It's really easy if you follow the instructions. You will love it on flat black. I had first tried it (and the original Aquartz before it) on my 2004 FX35 which was flat black. My 7 year old car looked better than new. The depth of the shine must be seen to be believed. Now, of course, like any LSP, the prep is paramount. If you get the paint looking mint, you'll love the look of the CQ. Get yourself some ReLoad too...trust me on that one.

13. domino

I corrected my paint a few weeks back, but I will run over it again with 106ff first

I'll most likely do a wash with diluted p21s taw before app as I can't use any ipa stronger than 20% on my soft paint without it going hazy

14. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

domino we did a few new car preps with the cquartz this weekend and all I have to say is its a simple process.

also the perls dressing is a great dressing, don't know if its durable yet but it looks a lot like pneu. now if it last longer than pneu we may have something.

15. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I was totally surprised at how easy the application process was, even on black.

16. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I corrected my mustang gt again yesterday in preparation for Cquartz with M205 on a Hydrotech Tangerine and then followed it up with 85RD on a LC Blue. I cleaned the surface prior to applying Cquartz with IPA and Dawn at 90/10. The problem I had is that I ran out of Cquartz:shakehead: It was around 75 F (no humidity) in my garage when I applied it today. I ended up being able to apply it to my hood, both fenders, front bumper, both doors, trunk lid, c- pillars, door glass moldings. This is where I ran out of product. I placed another order with Phil for another 30ml's. I plan to apply it to the rest of the mustang once it comes in which is both quarter panels, rear bumper, sills, rear spoiler, taillights , headlights, wiper cowl, side mirrors, glass moldings, wheels and glass. I am a little disappointed that I ran out and have to wait until the second 30ml's comes in this week. I though 30 ml was enough for the entire vehicle; it was far from it (at least for me).

I applied Cquartz with the 5 supplied make up pads, but the product would flash on the surface almost instantly, so I had add more drops to make it spread further and ensure I had even coverage. I guess this happened to me because it so dry here in El Paso.:confused:

17. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Sorry to here that Danny, I thought one of the 30ml bottles did one car as well if not two, hwo many would an suv take if one wont do a mustang. Did you get to apply iron x to your car prior to this application? Best of luck.

18. domino

I think it was the humidity causing the flashing issue

How did the finish look, did you get any sealant holograms?

I def won't be using the rec 90/10 ipa dawn as anything over 25% ipa makes my paint look hazy. I'm thinking about using lusso paint cleaner then my 8% ipa mix. From what I can tell the lusso is a straight cleaner and doesn't leave any glazing behind

19. d964

d964 Two Bucket System Washer

we are working now on tar/wax/oil/glue/water spots cleaner, which could be good for cquartz pre coat step as well, another way to clean well before the surface is just to wash the car with DAWN dish wash the car paint. it wont haze soft paint as well.

20. domino

If I'm going to wash I'd prefer to use p21s taw diluted with opt or lusso carwash for best lubrication

I don't like washing before sealing paint after correction, I'm always concerned I'll cause marring even if I use a new mf towel to wash with and another to dry